Masters Running

Tiring Tueday 1-29 runs and wo's (Read 647 times)

A short run this morning at 5:30am. It was not pretty as I had to do K repeats. Felt tired but a bad nights sleep will do that to you. Get to spend the evening with my lady friend tonight. Quite special. A nice steak, patato and bok choy dinner planned with a beautiful bottle of d'Arenberg's Dead Arm red wine (absolutely marvellous). Take care guys and gals. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

SteveP

Wednesday can only get better Erika. We're loving your post TallRunner. DD#1 is in the hospital and in labor. We're going to have a little crime fighter!!!!!! Don't know what flavor yet. As long as the baby and Mom are healthy, s'all good. Grand Child #1 did have to pick the night of a terrible storm to pull this little stunt.....He/she gets that from DW's side. More to follow.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

BTY ā€“ I think that sounds like a great date! Erika ā€“ Iā€™m so glad you made it home. You give scary car breakdown stories a new meaning up there. Steve ā€“ how exciting! Keep us posted.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nice runs today!! hope everyone with injuries/colds recover quickly - can be so frustrating!! 12.2 miles today in 2:03 avg pace 10:06 - a little slower than i'd like, but i did take a couple walk breaks and considering i had absolutely no energy earlier today, i'm just glad to get the miles in - think just knowing i was denied donating blood yesterday because my Hemoglobin was a laughable low of 10.5 made me tired - time to eat my spinach!!

denise

Here's what happened I posted about it being 56 Sunday....... It got up to 55 yesterday.....I walked (briskly!) to the Y for my weight work with my jacket open, enjoying the spring like air........left work a little after 5 to go to the market, it was 12 and windy. By the time I did the marketing and got home, it was 5. Not 5 o'clock ....5 degrees!!!!! And Zero when I got up today. Not much warmer when I went to the gym. Hey enke, I am noticing improvement with my shin splint--mine is on the inside, just behind the ankle bone--first time I had that area in trouble--it's always been on the outer front. Use the eliptical, ice--use an ice cube, the gels don't seem to work as well, and ibuprofen. It'll mend. grins, A
            Masters 2000 miles
              Good runs to all Masters! 9 progression miles for me. Progressively slower that is Big grin First 3 at 9:00 pace, second 3 at 9:30, final 3 at 10:00. Go Boom!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Good evening everyone, I haven't run since Saturday due to this nagging foot problem Sad ...I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

SteveP

Heal up quick Peter or I'll hold my breath untill you pass out. Tight lipped

SteveP

pfriese

Good evening all, Let's see. I get up this morning and turn the weather on. 60 degrees with a 25mph SW wind. Forecast calls for temperatures to begin falling at noon and by 5:00pm, temperature of 35 degrees with 40mph sustained wind and 50mph gusts Sad . Dang, I should have gotten up early to go running, I assume I'll be on the treadmill this evening Sad . Fast-forward to this evening. I get off work. Temperature 45 degrees with 15mph N breeze Smile . Yea, no treadmill! Big grin 8.1 miles @ 8:56/mile pace with 8 strideouts thrown in for good measure. Felt great running outside instead of inside on the treadmill. Evryday, did you get the big wind up there? Paul
                    evanflein

Since I got home early today (still tickled about that!), I decided to switch my Wednesday run (8 miles) with my "Tuesday Tempo" but sorta combined the two. Ended up with this (don't usually post a breakout like this, so humor me here): Mile 1: half at 9:05 m/m, half at 8:49 (6.6 and 6.8 mph) Mile 2 @ 8:34 (7 mph, what I like to call MP) Mile 3 @ 8:20 (7.2 mph) Mile 4 @ 8:06 (7.4 mph) Mile 5 @ 7:54 (7.6 mph) Mile 6 @ 7:42 (7.8 mph) Mile 7 & 8 @ 8:34 (MP never felt so good!) It was a good run, some of the later transitions seemed hard but got into the stride pretty quickly and towards the end of the mile I was ready to move up. I'd like to get up to doing the 7:30 10k pace I said I could do for the Ragnar Relay the end of Feb... and while this run felt pretty good, I'm definitely not in 10k shape! Car is sitting out front waiting for a tow truck. Larry, I hope it's just the belt, but I think it took the water pump and alternator with it... Rats. (yes Holly, I really wanted to make it home cuz I didn't have good gloves.... Sad shame on me.) Steve! Let us know the flavor asap! A new grandbaby! How exciting! Smile Tall... dinner sounds awesome. Enjoy!

Maniac 505

just wanted to throw out hugs for (((((((((Enke and Aamos shins, and Evan's car))))))))) I haven't run in over a month. doing a lot of elliptical though. Tampa 1/2 marathon is coming up in less then two weeks I probably should start training soon Confused but worst case, I will chose not to run, or drop in early miles and still enjoy a visit to warm weather. good running all, and for all the fallen boomers, it will get better. Dave

GreenMan

IRC 4.25 EZ (.5 BF) 48 min elliptical 10 min XT {{{Erika's car}}} JJJ
                          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good evening all. a nice run this morning, but no chance to post. 3.2 in 26:40. the middle mile felt really fast, but the last was into the wind and felt sort of slow. probably not negative splits. Smile Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry to hear about Erika's car and Holly's treadmill biting the proverbial dust. And sorry to all the "fallen boomers" out there. (Dave, I like that phrase!) Steve, congrats on the new crime stopper - hope you got an appropriate little outfit? Pics please! It was windy again today, so I wimped out and went to the rec center. Ran 5 really even mile splits, at almost exactly 9:45 each, on the indoor track. Have a good evening, boomers.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

enke, rats! ice it. i prefer getting a plastic garbage can, filling it will ice and water, and soak it till it's numb... maybe 3x5min with 2min rest? in two or three days, switch to contrast baths with two garbage cans, one ice water, the other warm water. listen to aamos and you'll be back. cny: phx dates made me think, but will likely be at the grand canyon those days. phx is 2hrs each way; any tucson clients? tramps: awesome 5 miler. that course holds up for international world records, so don't sweat it. and then: two relay partners!!!! yeah perch and evanflein - great 4x1k perch, and awesome tempo evan. me, i sat on my ass today. hopefully the last rest day for a while... still plan on lower mileage, but hopefully back to 7 days a week next week.