Masters Running

Monday 11/16 Daily - How the Heck am I Starting It?!! (Read 33 times)

It is noon EST and I am starting the daily? Really? Where are all of you? Get your lazy b***s out there and run! Come on you can do it! It could be worse, it could be (shudder!) JANUARY!

As for me 10 miles this morning. Looking over yesterday's thread it seems like a big RA meet up is brewing in Portland next year!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

4.3 miles - kind of chilly out there, 40F but clear skies.  Gloves, capris, thick long sleeve over short-sleeve and running jacket.

I will be giving my 2 week notice today - worried it's going to put my boss in a big funk.  And yes to Evanflein, this job should be good training which will lead to better jobs - my current job, nope.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

7 miles for me today in 39 degrees.

No time to post more than that for now.

Happy Monday (if that is possible)....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Wishing you Well on the New Job enke/////

===========

.giving the damn BigToe a Day Off

will take it PoolRunning tommorow

and

plan on Stabbing it Wednesday if it doesn't Get With The Program

...kinda sad when you have to Threaten Your Own Feet.....

..........good running guys.......be kind to your Body Parts

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4.3 miles - kind of chilly out there, 40F but clear skies.  Gloves, capris, thick long sleeve over short-sleeve and running jacket.

Good job enke.
            However, 40-degrees is optimistic.
            It was 37-degrees for my morning cycling commute.
            Is getting a new job or something-or-the-other making you so euphoric
            . . . you don’t even notice the weather anymore.
            I know people like that.
            Be careful.

fortunately, it's raining again so the ride back should be a little warmer.
            Sorry 2-C but, after winter garb and raincoat looking like a Mt. Everest expedition for the snowy, rainy, sleety Boomer Reunion Seattle Marathon in 2007 (with posie, cono, aamos, et al), I vowed never to run again anywhere if it became so cold gloves were necessary, . . . so I cycled today’s five mile commute with fleece-warm gloves thereby breaking a similar vow all my life to keep my cycling confined to the warmer summer months and never cycle anywhere/anytime if gloves became necessary. What a wimp. I might even do the Seattle Half Marathon instead of full. sheeze.
            ps tom - it probably won't surprise you but my advice for unhappy feet is not to get boxed up all the time slip/sliding back-and-forth in dark, damp, airless, cramped, odoriferous, unnatural fabric and rubber compartments designed to mimic what’s inside them anyway.  Good luck.  We'd like your feet in Portland too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Great news about Enkie's new job!

Thanks for starting the thread, Twocat. Glad to hear you had a good run. Please let your DW and her family know that we are thing and praying for them this week. Funerals are tough emotionally on everyone. BTW, when I die, there will be mariachi and salsa bands to help me dance from here to the after life.

Running, 6 miles for me at pre-dawn. A gorgeous sunrise for me today as the mountains were showy with their new snow. Ohhh, my rocking training partner did show up for a few miles, which made the run to be so much more delightful.

Off I go to finish the smoked salmon chowder I am making.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

moebo

I hope it all went well today, Enke. Changing jobs is exciting but hard, too.

Mariposai, a funeral with mariachi and salsa bands sounds like a great idea. And I would be happy to go along on that  French wine tour you mentioned over the weekend!

Just a little over 3 miles this morning for me. With temps in the mid-30s, I almost regretted choosing shorts--my knees were cold! I think tomorrow I may have to cave and wear tights. I am even considering getting my mittens out, though I could still change my mind on that.

Marathon Maniac #957

plan on Stabbing it Wednesday if it doesn't Get With The Program

I admit that I am a stabber - I just can't leave a blister alone.  Always with much disinfectant, though, but a drained blister usually doesn't hurt and goes away quickly.

Nancy - I am with you on that.  When I die, I want my family to put up pictures of me laughing in happy times and have a feast with a lively band playing and much dancing.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."