Masters Running

Weighing In On Matters of Great Importance (Read 351 times)

And just what are those matters of great importance?  I have no idea.  But the title came to me immediately and I couldn't think of anything else.  However, I'm down about a pound from last week, so that's something.

Spent about an hour last night chatting with Coach about the upcoming training schedule.  I just keep thinking of all the calories I will be burning and that, hopefully, I will become a svelte gazelle just like Ilene!! (or not . . . ) 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, last week I was 115 on Thursday and 113 on Friday.  Still haven't figured out which was real.

Overate at a cookout last weekend and have been trying to gently make up for it this week, but today I was 114.  Don't know what that means, either.  I was hoping to be more like 111-112 for this marathon, but it doesn't look like it's happening.  Doesn't seem like much of a difference, but I really feel much lighter at 111. 

Next week will be the tough one, as far as gaining weight, what with barely running and all.  And we're hosting a dinner party on Saturday for a friend's birthday.  I'm making Asian-marinated pork loin, rice, salad, and Tammy's apple cake with ice cream.  And that's not even mentioning the wine and artichoke dip and other appetisers.    A tough event when I'm trying to keep the calories down.  I've been going back and forth about this all week:  Should I forego alcohol, and have some cake?  Or should I only have a little salad, so that 2 glasses of wine will have an effect? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I ordered bigger pants today.  Sad    nuff said ......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

#artbydmcbride

{{hopeful4ever}}  Sad

I am the same up-a-few-pounds gazelle as I was last week, but I am tapering...so I have that going for me.   Big grin

Runners run

evanflein

I'm traveling, and being wined and dined by vendors and now heading to the Ribcage. Ain't getting near a scale!!

Next week will be the tough one, as far as gaining weight, what with barely running and all.  And we're hosting a dinner party on Saturday for a friend's birthday.  I'm making Asian-marinated pork loin, rice, salad, and Tammy's apple cake with ice cream.  And that's not even mentioning the wine and artichoke dip and other appetisers.    A tough event when I'm trying to keep the calories down.  I've been going back and forth about this all week:  Should I forego alcohol, and have some cake?  Or should I only have a little salad, so that 2 glasses of wine will have an effect? 

Holly,

Take it from an older, wiser pro. Drink the 2 glasses of wine while you're fixing dinner, then the dinner calories will not even matter.  And furthermore, you're 113!!! Geeze.

Asian-marinated pork loin, rice, salad, and Tammy's apple cake with ice cream.  And that's not even mentioning the wine and artichoke dip and other appetisers.  

I'm gaining weight just reading that!  Shame on you, Holly.  Shame on you.  {rummaging for something to eat}

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

My battery died on my scale.  I am up this week after not running much and craving carbs. Hope to even out after my 18 mi race this weekend.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

SteveP

204 lbs

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

It's been two weeks since I checked in here and I am down a pound from then.  I'll take it considering all of the gluttony associated with my daughter's wedding last weekend.

Not at it at all. 

I'll take it considering all of the gluttony associated with my daughter's wedding last weekend.

What, no pictures? We would like some pictures, please!

Mary, your washing machine must have shrunk your old pants. How could you have gained weight with all of the exercising that you do???

Holly, have the cake AND wine! Don't you need to carb-load for that marathon coming up?

Good luck with that 18 miler Nono. If my scale was broken, I wouldn't be in such a hurry to get it fixed.

119.5 for me this morning, but it's because of not eating for 2 days due to the colonoscopy procedure. I'm sure it will come back with a vengeance. I have a 40 year class reunion coming up next year, and I keep having this horrible recurring nightmare that no one recognized me because I was so fat. If this won't keep me on the straight and narrow path, nothing will!

dg.

well, I was 115.2 for 2 days, last Sat. & Sunday.     I ran 14 Sunday, & didn't eat much the rest of the day, just wasn't hungry.       So Monday, 117.8,  I think.   sigh.         116.6 today.     oh .. Thursday?  I don't remember!

I think I might try Tramps spread sheet.   One good thing, I felt good at 115.    .2.  So maybe that will really be my goal.

Yay Steve.  Smile

Mary, I agree with Jlynne.  Even so, hugs from me too.   I do know how that feels! 

Erika does Dallas!  Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly,

Take it from an older, wiser pro. Drink the 2 glasses of wine while you're fixing dinner, then the dinner calories will not even matter.  

(snork...)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."