Masters Running

Monday October 12, 1492 Columbus Day Sails and Runs (Read 417 times)

Wow - Some fantastic running over the weekend!  Congrats to everyone.  I haven't had a chance to peruse the reports, yet.

Lame - Keep the colors available for as long as possible!  On Friday, The Hub and I fly back there to spent 10 days visiting, VT, NH, and ME.  I'm hoping we're not too late.

{{{Baby Leo!!}}}  And even if this isn't his name, I have a feeling that'll be his  nickname, at least with this group.

Rest day for me.  Felt quite excellent.

Okay - off to find some reports . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Don't you just hate when parents brag on their kids?  Well, indulge me.  Riblet got top score in his piano audition playing Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag."  If you have a minute and 29 seconds to spare, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzkJLTDGQRo

Congrats to Riblet on some fine piano playing! Brag away!  But it was a minute and 49 seconds, RIbs. 

Congrats on the PRs for Tammy, Erika, Ilene, and Dromedary!

No run yet to report - I'm planning to RAW.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Rib Ribs Ribs, of ALL the people I could think of....YOU go out too fast in a race (grins, as that is what you preached to me about so much) But first in the 90's and up AG is still great....I heard second in your AG ran with a cane. But seriously, your perspective about how you "could be" right now is a good one. Do you have plans on running Marathons again....I assume so.------Well darn (damn actually), my calf is really screwed up and I can't hardly walk. But funny that I can still bike with no pain in my calf at all, so at least I can do something to keep my sanity. I am riding my mountain bike now and it's a lot of fun going off road and enjoying sights - sounds I normally don't pay attention to while riding my road bike. I'm actually going to race a mountain bike race this Sat which will be my first ever, but I will have to be really careful not to crash and mess my calf up even more. Moral of my story.....be careful trying to push cars off the road. My Doctor told me a lot of people get calf - AT - and PF injuries from simply pushing a car. He said just think of the force and stress on the legs and feet, trying to push a object that weighs 4000 pounds. And he told me since I was so deep into my Marathon training, that my legs were not in a position for that kinda stress (he's a serious runner too BTW)------- I am not giving up on my Marathon yet as I told Holly, I have a plan B Marathon that is 2 weeks later than my Indy M, which would be Nov 21st instead of Nov 7th in Fort Wayne IN....so I am trying to stay positive when life is not so much right now. RE: no job and my injury....and some other personal issues I won't bore Ya with. This job hunt thing is getting VERY frustrating to say the least. I just simply want to work, is that so bad? Sorry too that Steve is still looking himself, along with our dear Nancy -----So many nice runs and races lately....A Big WTG to all of you. Can't wait for some RR's that are not buried in the daily (snort) -----TimBo (sorry my posts look this way, and glad you guys understand the reason with my Web TV setup at home)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

lamerunner

Fatozzig, I will see what I can do. Forecast is cold and snow/rain....

Wildchild, suffering in the Rockies, ha!  I tried a trail race in Breckenridge and suffered indeed. I had acclimitized enough for hiking but not for a trail race... Great hiking there.

I am sporting new orthotics, not sure how they feel yet. They take up some room in my shoes and I predict toe issues.

Today the Y was open. 1500 yard swim and about 40 minutes of pool running.

Great racing to all the racers!

Karin, my christmas catcus is apparently waiting for Christmas....

just a quick post from work..............

nice pace on your 18miles Nono!!

i made a last minute decision to run the Tufts 10k with my sister today instead of for time .......... we were at the start together and i looked at her and she had tears in her eyes.............that's all it took ..........best decision i made!!

so proud of her and her friend who went on ahead - it was the first 10k for both of them!!

oh -- and i saw Henry at the finish line!!  very cool!!

denise

Fatozzig, I will see what I can do. Forecast is cold and snow/rain....

Bummer!

Deez - Great job hanging with your sis and friend.  The true spirit of sportsmanship.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Bloody EXHAUSTED from watching tonight's ball game, but it was so worth it.  (With apologies to the Red Sox Nation.) Go Phils!!!  

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com