Masters Running

Black Friday - Shopping, Runs and Such Daily (Read 536 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

My condolences to those of you who went shopping today! Wink I don't like shopping - except the internet kind. I took the dogs for a fun 5 mile run in the snow this afternoon. 29 degrees, and varying from light flurries to almost white out. Had a blast. I realized I was running along with a big stupid grin on my face! Good thing no one was out to see me... Cool that Tramps had lunch with the Beers! Waiting for the pictures... and the race report tomorrow!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Enke - Yes, it's easy to overdue it on that stretch. It's suppose to be very gentle, which why it'll take about a week to really feel results. Jlynne - That's a great idea! Two years ago everyone drew a name (okay, I drew names for everyone), but I thought the round robin thing (I have no idea what else to call it) would be fun. It's the one where everybody picks a number. #1 gets their choice of gifts first. #2 can steal that gift or pick one, etc. No gift can be stolen more than 2 times. Once we have gone through all the numbers, #1 gets to go back and choose any gift he/she wants, unless they want to keep the one they have. It's going to be a $25 max. Then I was going to have a separate drawing that no one will know about and give that person some sort of gag gift, like a box of Depends, or Preparation H and laxatives, etc. Tim - Yeah, I agree that you should be havin' dreams about other things besides running. Wink Haven't got any transcription done today. Spent over two hours waiting to get the tires rotated on the truck, then got the tree home, then had to run around and try to find a side handle for our toilet 'cause the lever inside broke, yadda, yadda, yadda. Smile

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I took the dogs for a fun 5 mile run in the snow this afternoon. 29 degrees, and varying from light flurries to almost white out. Had a blast. I realized I was running along with a big stupid grin on my face! Good thing no one was out to see me...
        "Where's that girls mother?!" Shocked MTA....Oh, yeah, I forgot....Pennsylvania. Nevermind. Roll eyes
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Mariposai

A lovely double day for me. A 5k turkey trot with Econo and then an eazy 4 miles on the beach this afternoon, part of it being done barefoot. Great time with my DH, son and nephews on the beach. I will post a few pictures when I return back home.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

"Where's that girls mother?!" Shocked MTA....Oh, yeah, I forgot....Pennsylvania. Nevermind. Roll eyes
            Yeah, my mother would be rolling her eyes too if she saw me out running in the snow! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Well I went out in the snow, too! Not falling snow, but broken up, lumpy snow on the bikepath. The snowmachines have pretty much ruined it until it gets plowed again. I had a 5 mile run, quick down the bike path, slow and sloggy with a couple of walk breaks on the way up. 5.2 miles in 46 minutes, about 8:51 avg pace. Temp was colder than I was expecting... I was pretty late getting out and it had already gotten to be twilight and colder. 5F for most of it, fading daylight so I wore my reflective vest. First run outside here since early October. Felt great. JLynne, I'll see if I can pry that recipe out of my sister. It was really good...