Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 1.19.18 (Read 38 times)

Surly Bill maybe you should get a security camera. If you bust the thief on video, he may retire.

Got one. Security cameras don't stop anyone from grabbing a package. Also, the one in front just catches the top of their hoodie because the camera is high looking down. I might put my trailcam out there just for fun.

Most of our packages are placed over the 6' chainlink fence at the driveway, because the first line of our address for Amazon and others is "put packages over fence". The Thistle bag has 4 glass bottles in it, so they don't want to drop them 6' onto cement, I don't blame them. Packages that AREN'T put over the fence are often placed right on top of the sign on the porch that says "please put packages over driveway fence". Either out of spite, incompetence, or because the delivery person does not read English. This is rare, though, 95% of the time they are over the fence.

This is a minor crime in Richmond; no guns involved. The police pretty much have to be there and have it happen while they watch in order for them to be interested.  I've been looking at drop-bins, like street corner mailboxes, and some pics of a few DIY wooden ones that are passably attractive. I think I can tweak the design so that it's a planter, made of redwood or recycled wood (that's popular right now). There might be a market for that around here, since so many people in the Bay Area get their packages stolen.

Hey, I think the pirate might not come back if I had chased them down wearing my Rock and Roll Clown costume...

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Hey, I think the pirate might not come back if I had chased them down wearing my Rock and Roll Clown costume...

Thanks for the input, 2Kitty.  It may be worth contacting the local gyms and letting them know I'd be interested if they sell one.  I have zero to no desire to go to a gym. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I have zero to no desire to go to a gym. 

Me either.

I’d rather buy running shoes, wear tights or be distracted by a garmin than go inside to do what should be done outside for free.  I even know people who are walking their way back into running shape outside instead of inside on the elliptical, etc. or, at least think they are.  <<<(me/me)>>>.  Besides, since when did California weather qualify as an excuse like Erika has, . . . and MikeE too but he didn’t know it. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

That's exactly what I was thinking!