Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Slo

Hey All,

I've been quite the stranger. Not on purpose by any means.

It's with a sadden heart that I am informing you that I will not be attending the shenanigans this coming weekend. Last week I was asked to help out a sister plant in Oklahoma City and need to return again next week. My flight leaves late Sunday afternoon.

I've considered some different options of still travelling to GB on Friday and Sat (for the 5k) and even travelling to OKC from GB but the tickets were already purchased by the company and logistics were getting a tad ugly. I like simple. Plus after being away for a week with another one coming I need to get some things done at home...Open house grad party on the 4th of June.

Believe me, I will be thinking of all you this weekend. Take lots of pics and update frequently!

evanflein

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Slo... we will definitely miss you! I can sure understand the work and travel demands, though.

Jlynne, thanks for doing the drive-by and start check! That will be nice to walk to the start. We get into Chicago around 7 and will probably get stuck in traffic, will stop for breakfast, and should be in GB by early to mid afternoon.

Marathon Maniac #957

Slo - we will miss you!  Portland maybe?

Jlynne - thanks for doing the drive by.  It doesn't have to be anything special as long as it is reasonably clean.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The house looks like a nice quiet neighborhood. It's a duplex, which I didn't know. Not sure if the owner is on the other side? You guys better be on your best behavior!  I clocked it out on my car - just a hair short of a mile from Lambeau Field. Definitely walkable.

I'm sad that Slo won't be able to come this year. His favorite beer is Spotted Cow, which is brewed in Wisconsin. I got a whole case of it thinking he would be with us the whole weekend. You guys are going to have to pick up the slack...

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm sad that Slo won't be able to come this year. His favorite beer is Spotted Cow, which is brewed in Wisconsin. I got a whole case of it thinking he would be with us the whole weekend. You guys are going to have to pick up the slack...

It's a tough job, but we will do our best.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Slo... we will definitely miss you! I can sure understand the work and travel demands, though.

Jlynne, thanks for doing the drive-by and start check! That will be nice to walk to the start. We get into Chicago around 7 and will probably get stuck in traffic, will stop for breakfast, and should be in GB by early to mid afternoon.

I too am sorry that you can't be there, Slo!

Erika, you're taking the red-eye, I sure don't envy you that trip! we did that last summer on the way back from Alaska, not so much fun!  I somehow checked into a hotel that has a full size refrigerator and a cooktop and a dishwasher.  I guess it's a Days Inn extended stay place.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Amy,

Did you say that you could pick up our bib packets tomorrow?  If you want to get mine my number is 8068

If it's too much trouble I can sure get it on Saturday, but there will be more crowds and they will probably direct me to the 5K race like they have done before, thinking I'm in the wrong line!

See you tomorrow, hope the flights and TSA are not a hassle.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich