Masters Running

Tue Mar 25 Runs and Workouts (Read 535 times)

munchkn883

Pulled my GD in her wagon for 2 miles. Boy, pushing a stroller is alot easier!! Weather is perfect....sunny and a little cool.

Ultrachick

An 8 miler for me too this morning. I've been chowing on easter candy and my second birthday cake-it's going to catch up with me sooner or later so I did a little more than planned. Kelly Plus it was a beautiful morning even at 18 degrees.
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        Brrr...37F this morning, but calm. I had to find my tights again, and even my headband! 6.1 miles, slowly, except I have a 5K coming up on Saturday, and figured this would be my last chance to do some form of speedwork before it, even though my legs are ala Tim/Holly. So 2 mile w/u @ 11:05, 11:44 (big hills) then 1 mile @ 8:33, just because it's been so long. then next 2.76 miles @ 9:49, 10:55, 11:57(big hill) then last stretch back to the gym, I often rip it here just for fun 0.34 mile @ 6:50! Big grin Hey, where did that come from? I thought my legs were dead. Maybe Ribs is right after all. Have a nice day everyone, but please watch out for those cars!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Manchild

I ran in 36 degrees but sunny conditions with a light breeze in shorts! 4.1 miles in a 9 minute pace. My daughter told me to take her easter candy to work so she wouldn't eat it all... I hid it iun the house for later Wink. Chris
            Sounds like a lot of people are having the tired legs blues. I am reading all these posts and trying to learn something from them. I am one of the marathon rookies here and am glad some of you experts and almost experts are having similar problems as myself. Just not as much "sproink" as I would like in my runs but am counting on the training to do its thing. Todays run was 4 miles and my splits were 9:40, 9:03, 8:30 and 8:15 . I should be happy with this I know but I just checked my last 10k and my pace was 7:48 so I feel my tempo days should be a little faster but I am injury free and my long runs are going well so I have to remember I am training for 26.2 not 6 and it is going to take a while before I can worry about any type of speed. Get to the start line healthy and Just finish the first one just finish the first one just finish the first one Go for time on the second one Someone wise on this board keeps telling me that. Thanks by the way

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

anachrotech

Real carpy 3 miles on the treadmill. I might steal Rochrunner's avatar - it seems to be the way I feel as of late. Cry Good runs all.
                Gppd day Masters! 6 easy miles for me this afternoon...easy 10:28 pace. 76 degrees and fairly light winds...good day. Good runs to all.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                pfriese

Good evening everyone, A warm spring afternoon for a nice 8.2 mile run around the lake. Have a great week, Paul
                    Took the gym bag today, fully intending to work out between work and my class this evening. Crazy day at work, so I ended up staying so late that I barely got to class on time. Grrrrrr. Just got home - an hour after my bedtime - so no time to even read posts tonight. Will catch up tomorrow, after the run I'm determined to get in. Can't have the job interfere with the exercise two days in a row!! Shocked Good Wednesday, all, eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

PJH

Late posting of a miserable run - weather wise. Snow & rain, slushy & slippery sidewalks, wind, cold ... not complainin', just sayin'. Really good workout tonight though - 10.0 miles ... 1:29:33 ... w/u 3.0 mi @ 9:39 pace ... LT/temp ~33 mins or 4.3 mi @ 7:51 pace ...c/d 2.7 mi @ 10.11 pace. Heart rate higher than normal, I assume due to the weather and generally tough running conditions. Keep at it gang ... not that much longer to taper time! Nice to hear from those coming back from injuries ... your progress doesn't go unnoticed ...we're rooting for you. Have a great night! PJ

GreenMan

Rest day. But lots of driving, though it didn't exhaust me the way long drives usually do. My ribs are improving and may be 100% by Sat. Big grin I think I'll be ready to rock and roll. Afterall, it is a trail run. jjj
                        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.