Masters Running

Thoisday -January 25 - West Coast Start (Read 37 times)

Henrun

An afternoon 5 miler with a tailwind. Mid 20’s and a windchill of 10. Took the subway home after traversing the Boston Garden and the Boston Common.I love urban running.

pfriese

Afternoon all.

Today there were more people in the pool than I've seen since I started doing this again. Some doubled up in other lanes, but nobody got in my lane. Nobody wants to swim with the pool runner. Heh, works for me!

I think we're finally seeing a slacking off of resolution swimming pool users at my gym. As far as being alone in a lane as a pool runner, you'd be out of luck at my pool. I (& others) share the lane with pool runners regularly. 

Today's scheduled run-plan called for a 7 mile tempo workout. With a 1.5 mile warm up & 1.5 mile cool down I ended up with 10 mile total for the day.

Paul

Dave59

Rest day from workouts.

It was an in office day. During a staff meeting, the IT manger praised me a little (a lot actually) too much. The rest of the day I was getting a lot of flak from all my peers. I sure hope it does down. I prefer staying under the radar and out of sight.

spacityrunner

3 miles under a setting sun and a moon high in the sky.  Same route as yesterday.  Slower than yesterday.

Trails Rock!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another quick post.  6 slow, easy miles.  Temps in the 40s.  I've done a lot of miles the last 3 weeks or so and need to get some snap back into them.  No spin tonight which helped.

Holly, glad it's getting better.

Have a great night everyone!

5.5 easy.

We've had squalls coming through most of the day, reminded me of Eugene; sun shining through the windows and dumping rain at the same time.

Went into SF with the life accomplice today to get her hair did. She has an upcoming trip to NYC for her birthday to be feted by her celebrity friends. So, I pretty much had a day off, other than doing a little work in my own house for a change. The kids both get out at 2 this term, so that gives me a bit extra time for runs on the weekdays.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thunder and lightening beginning around 4:30 and then rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, hail, and more rain.

I'm jealous as our run-of-the-mill light rain finally drove me over the brink of boredom and I went to try out the Silver Sneakers Class at the other fitness center that comes with our MedicareB.  About 20 old people were setting chairs up so I figured it would be way too simple, maybe worse than the stepping class that was more like a choreographed dance class so intense that it was supposed have "wiped out our quads" but I guess mine're too strong from skiing, running, etc. even to have noticed.  Fortunately, the Silver Sneakers chairs were part of the exercise routine rather than for sitting down and secured a stretching band.  Even though everyone looked way older than me, they could all do the many shoulder exercises, stretches, etc. way better than I could  Maybe I'll go back to this one.  We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

I'm jealous as our run-of-the-mill light rain finally drove me over the brink of boredom and I went to try out the Silver Sneakers Class at the other fitness center that comes with our MedicareB.  About 20 old people were setting chairs up so I figured it would be way too simple, maybe worse than the stepping class that was more like a choreographed dance class so intense that it was supposed have "wiped out our quads" but I guess mine're too strong from skiing, running, etc. even to have noticed.  Fortunately, the Silver Sneakers chairs were part of the exercise routine rather than for sitting down and secured a stretching band.  Even though everyone looked way older than me, they could all do the many shoulder exercises, stretches, etc. way better than I could  Maybe I'll go back to this one.  We'll see.

Tet, I’ve been doing yoga once weekly at the Y and daily stretches that I started in PT post knee replacement and it has made a big difference in my flexibility and balance. I also notice minimal injuries ( or none at all😁) from my running and I’m “way older than you”.

BTW mine is mat yoga.

I’m posting late today!  Ran 3.3 early miles on the treadmill before my flight to Florida.  It was really cold out and I didn’t have enough time to deal with all the clothes, so I just went downstairs and watched the news.  It’s a nice temperature here in Florida, but the wind is really strong, which won’t be wonderful in the morning.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SteveP

I got a nice three in. Diggin' it.

Lately I've been sitting down gingerly in anticipation of lower back pain.....and it's not there.

SteveP

My Mom, nearly 90, made fun of the Tai Chi people at the senior center for a while. Then she tried it, and now she does it every week. She says it has made her more agile and less aches and pains when she gets up in the morning...

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying