Masters Running

Thursdaily 12/2 (Read 35 times)

Mind Blown Stock Illustrations – 50 Mind Blown Stock Illustrations, Vectors  & Clipart - Dreamstime

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

But only in the states.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY - sorry about the possibility of GN leaving your house, sounds like he is really thriving with you

Holly - I think the ASA might have something to do with preventing clots from the surgery, sorry the rest of life is a struggle too

30 minute Peleton ride, 10 minute HIIT barre class - full body in 10 minutes - so good!!

Going through Christmas stuff to donate - one more part of the decompressing my stuff

Made a great veggie soup, now running out to donate a box of decorations and to my Sole Sister RC meeting - I really don't like going out at night anymore, I must be getting old 

denise

5.25 total, 3x mile at 7:20 with 4:00 recovery, all on roads.

Werkin' down to 3x 6:30, then 3x 6:00 by May.

Tramps, sorry to hear that. I know hospice was good for my Dad, I don't think he was in any discomfort his final week or so.

BTY, that sucks. I also have extended family, and the trophy fake-wife does too, that can't be helped.

Robots and I had time for a drink last night. It was good to catch up.

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and indoor

I see this morning they were still at it. Must be nice not to need sleep.

May be an image of indoor

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Surly - good  job.

I don't but, I guess,

you're never supposed

to drink alone.

. . . running in the grass . . . in about 2" of fresh/falling snow.

Murray -  with snow already, I guess your grass's already browned down?

Grass is the opposite in Seattle from what I was used to

up a little north of there in those days as the Seattle grass

is a nice, lush green during the rainy winters

but dried-out brown during the skimpy summers.

Bio - very neat, . . . well, at least as far as digital ambigrams go but, though Googling it indicates the word ambigram wasn't coined until 1983, our high school class of '61 rings were a rare four-digital year ambigram as you could read 1961 as 1961 upside down too.  Carolyn can confirm but 1961 apparently misses being a strobogrammatic prime ambigram by two factors: 37 and 53.

37X53=196

At the time, we didn't think the next one would be until 6009 but, I guess, digitalizing the 2's, in combination with 0, 1 and 8, will provide a mother lode of 'em in the current millenium.

Anyone born or otherwise connected to 1961?

"Anyone who stops learning is old, . . . 

ps bio - thanks for helping keep us young.

However, you, Jay and Carolyn are breaking

the numerical part of my brain.

pps - this is how we knew.

MAD Magazine # 61 (March, 1961): FELDSTEIN, ALBERT B (editor): Amazon.com:  Books

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

When I was on a road trip with Ryan a couple years ago, he pointed out license plate that were... I'm not sure of the word.... but, for example: 944 LLP or 449 LPP or 494 LPL..  anyway--I can't stop looking for those kinds of license plates, now.  I find these palindrome things fascinating.

I went 7 miles then went to Zac's house to lift weights.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

MurrayM

Hi Tet,

Nope, our grass is still green. We just went through a good old time monsoonal chucking down rain period...the ground is fully saturated and hasn’t frozen, so the grass hasn’t given up yet.

There is no normal here when it comes to weather. A couple years ago at this time it was -20C (-14F) with 50 knot outflow winds from the north. Right now it’s barely dipping below freezing. Our maple trees can go red in July and I’ve seen slugs and mushrooms in January.

I call it north coast normal 🤪

SteveP

SING ME UP FOR THE MARATHONG!!!!!

Steve - when did you start reindeer pancakes?

On your own?

It might be 10 years now. Is it a tradition? In the summer we usually find treasures that have been hidden on the kids'/DW's trail. We occasionally have unicorn eggs.

Thank you for the start Bio - I've been noticing more typos and spelling errors in news articles. I used to get pretty angry over editors, but I guess they are a necessary evil. Hopefully your Friday is good.

(((((Holly))))) Hang in there buddy.

Leslie is the best cat charmer!

Tramps - I'm sorry for what  your family is facing.

I woke up in a lot of pain. The temps were in the low 40s so I pushed myself out for 4 miles but only made it for 2.2 miles. Goodness that was a mistake.

I arranged a buy back with a supplier in November. The credit landed and my boss had a "Holy Cow" episode.

At the beginning of November he dropped a list of problem order on my lap to get cleaned up before December 10th. Out of $14,000 ( which is 1/2% of the projected annual sales for 2021), I've got all but $75.00 cleaned up. One of the sales people and I exchanged how a customer isn't ready for their order. It arrived at the beginning of March. Someone (and I don't know who) got pregnant the day the order arrived, carried the child full term and delivered that baby and we cannot deliver a rug?

It's going out Monday.

I saw an order that arrived over a year ago loaded onto a delivery vehicle.

My boss said I need to tone it down because we have a surplus we need to hide until 2022.

The temps were dropping but I mad myself go out for another 2.3 miles which took way too long.

I'm scoping out scrub pine trees so I can start experimenting with grafting spruce trees. We've been growing our own Christmas trees and we're going to run out in 8 years. It takes 12 to 15 to grow one when we start from seedlings.

SteveP