Masters Running

Saddadey, July 1 Daily (Read 29 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick walk-by this morning:

I hope your Mom is OK, Evanflein. Should one assume that, based on the tests they did, she is at least well enough to wait a week for a cardiologist appointment? I feel bad for your Dad too, and am also glad that your DS is there to comfort and help.

I enjoy a couple 'a cups of coffee each morning (and am doing so now). I get different Trader Joe's beans, blend them, and then grind a pot's worth each day. But after my morning coffee, I'm done for the day.

Tet, thanks for the amusing (as always) story behind the bare (bear) feet and the Yogi slippers.

My hip, etc. felt better yesterday after PT and a rest day. So I stayed in again this morning, hoping another rest day will produce more good results. Then I have Sunday and Monday to do a couple of workouts before our 4-mile race on Tuesday.

OK - I'm off to the Farmer's Market and Trader Joe's, and then home to make lunch (sloppy joes) for today's early guest .

Have a greta Saturday, and a greta July too!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

I hope your mom is okay, too, Erika.

I can't wait for Jlynne to read tet's post from yesterday.

I have to get ready to go clean the parsonage, this morning.  Since our pastor had a place of her own and didn't need it, we've been renting it out for the last 4 years.  Well, they moved out and, I guess, the place is a mess.

I'm not sure about fitting in a run, today...I was hoping to go 12, but we'll see...the toe still hurts...I think.  I haven't really walked around enough, this morning to know how it feels.  I know it was hurting after I mowed the lawn, last night.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya.

mrrun

Ran into this character celebrating Canada Day - 150!

Mike E

MM #5615

Ran into this character celebrating Canada Day - 150!

Wow...150...he really doesn't look more than 100...120 tops.

Wow...150...he really doesn't look more than 100...120 tops.

...I think The Bounty on mikeE just went up.....

================

[[[erika]]........it's tough, but hang in there....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

High five, Canada! Happy 150th. Bonne fete!

(Nice radio piece about Canada and the US on "On the Media" today.)

Henry's looking great.

Erika--that's got to be tough on everyone. Hope things go as well as they can this week.

Hip/knee exercises + core work + 4 EZ miles.  Definitely H&H today.

I may not be getting miles in but I have been doing tons more core stuff than I usually do.  Upside, I suppose.

Enjoy the weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

I am really not handling the humidity well this season.  I normally do pretty OK in the heat/humidity, having "grown up" as a runner in Dallas.  Not this year.    Planned to do 4 and then 10 tomorrow.  I got out there this morning and realized I wouldn't make 10 tomorrow in this humidity, so I did 5.7 today and I'll see what tomorrow brings.  An October marathon is not seeming like as good of an idea anymore.....too bad I'm already committed!       5.7 sweaty miles- done.    

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

Since retiring, I only drink a cup of coffee everyday. Before retiring, it was probably a pot of coffee everyday. Sweatfest this morning with the leftover humidity from last night's showers (which didn't really cool things off much). I ran 10 miles with the OKC Running Club group this morning. Pace was much faster than planned since I tried to hang with some of the faster runners. I think if I hadn't done that, I would have dwelt on the H&H for the whole run so it worked out well.

Have a great long(?) weekend!

Paul

evanflein

Thanks everyone. Mom went home yesterday afternoon and I talked to her last night. She sounded pretty good, and they wanted to reinstate our dinner plans for tonight. She's got her appointment with the cardiologist next week but the real job seems to be building up her electrolytes, especially sodium. She's been on a diuretic for awhile for other circulatory issues, and the thought is it just drained her of electrolytes. Not something you'd think of, really. So, she's off that stuff and just working a normal diet (as her doc said, "eat real food"). Things were pretty scary there, but much better now.

Henry is looking good! Happy Canada Day!

I guess I didn't post my run yesterday. 6.7 mostly easy effort miles at a good pace, getting me to a little over 44 for the week (on Friday!) and 201.3 for the month. Yay! Did it. Almost caught that damn rabbit, too. Will run a little bit later today, but today is my "light and easy" day. Lots to do in the garden and yard and sooooo glad to have a 4 day weekend in which to do it!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry is looking good! Happy Canada Day!

+1

Erika - glad your mom is home and doing better.

I should have done my LR today, because it was overcast, but woke up too late, and we had errands to run, so I got in 8 miles and will try to get up earlier tomorrow.

So, I'm unloading my dishwasher and - I kid you not - just turned slightly to look at the toaster to check the progress of my toast when TWANG went a muscle in my left hip/lower back.  What the heck is that?  Now I am so stiff and sore I can hardly move without it complaining.  I am way too young to be this old.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Thank you all for your comments--I wish I felt as good as as I look- actually I don't feel that bad but my 4.3 miles this morning are a work in progress.

Erika-glad your mother is home. Enjoy the dinner.

Holly -sounds like a slight sprain-should disappear quickly. Use heat and don't go dancing and don't twist when you run

catwhoorg

Labrat

10 and change on the TM watching the some of the opening stage of #LeTour

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

An unsettled weather day in Maine.  Lots of storms going by, and some may actually dump on us.  I will admit that I really like sitting on the porch and listening to the thunder.  When it's not directly above, at least.  They had what some folks are calling a micro burst on the lake before I arrived yesterday afternoon, with a bunch of trees down, docks blown over, and one poor canoe that got blown into a tree and impaled   Sort of glad I missed that one.

3.6 miles up the big hill and I ran the whole way.  It wasn't fast or likely very pretty, but it felt good.  Now all I have to do is do it again tomorrow.

Glad things are looking better with your mom, Erika.  Hope it is something that simple.

another cute Canadian for Canada Day.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Henrun, nice handsome young man! Good racing!

Erika, I am so glad to  hear that your mama is doing better. Enjoy dinner with her. How is the gardening and homecaring coming along?

Holly, ouch, I hope it is nothing serious.

Stumpy77, way to go with that hill. Take pictures for us. Good luck with the second time around. It took me 5 tries to get up Kermel grade non-stop.

Well, after a long day and night yesterday submitting end of the year report to Commerce, I decided that today was going to be sleeping in day, which is good, but it also meant that we did not go out for a run until about 9:30am. It was hot and humid, but a gorgeous route. Now we are sad that we did not take twocat on this route last week. Only 6 miles today. Planning a longish on Monday.

Off to clean the pantry in the basement. I re-discovered the joy of milling my own flour to bake bread and I need my flour mill to be more easily accessible and not surrounded by clutter.

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Dinner with the folks was good, mom was feeling good and in good spirits. It's a work in progress and a lot of it seems to be awareness. I asked her tonight about supplements, something as simple as Nuun like runners take. Why couldn't she sip on a bottle of Nuun during the day? She said she'd ask her doc.

Ran 3.2 easy miles before dinner. Well, as easy as that uphill return trip can be. Got swarmed by mosquitoes on my walk up the power line to home! That's what I get for doing a short cut, right? Goal is a long run tomorrow, we'll see how it goes!