Masters Running

Spring Fling Tri (Read 216 times)

Mariposai

The wiseone said it so beautifully...it takes courage to try something new. I am so PROUD of you Denise. It seems to me like you had a great attitude coming into this event and it payed off.

Keep smiling my friend. You did great.

Cheers to the tri chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yeah Denise!!  Fun stuff.  Great that you got some bonus time taken off that run!  I have always been adamant that I'll never do a tri, but now I'm starting to think about it.  Just need to learn how to swim properly.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

Great job Denise!!!  Sounds like you  enjoyed this event and I bet you'll be looking for more tri's to do soon!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Great job Denise.....yes, Tri's are a blast and I bet you are hooked now. I remember the excitement of finishing my first sprint Tri, and I can sense the same excitement in your post. 

Very well done, regardless of the times and such.............you did it, and I am so proud and happy for you.

As Slo pointed out, the legs do feel like rubber running off the bike. And I am always surprised I was running much faster than it feft.

Since I couldn't get on RA from home for a while,  I am just reading your RR for the first time...glad I did.

Now I get to have the same fun and excitement, with a sprint Tri of my own a week from this Sat

Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

Thanks Tim!   I've been meaning to respond to this!

Denise, i'm so excited for you!  I'm sorry it took so long to say so.   I think you did a great job.   Very funny about the singlet & the helmet.. that's the kind of thing I'd do.  Wink.     I was thinking about all you've been through.. injuries, surgery, a totally crazy work schedule.  On top of all that you managed to train for & do well in a TRI!!!     When's the next one?