Masters Running

Thursday, 2.9.17 (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Thank you for starting us of Jay. You nutless wonder you.

Snork!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Thank you for starting us of Jay. You nutless wonder you.

And Jlynne was wondering how long we could keep this going... 

Sounds like some crazy weather out there. Pouring rain on the west coast and huge snow dumps on the east coast. Here we had a lot of snow yesterday but today is just sort of cloudy day with temps hovering around zero, but we're heading to the deep freeze over the next few days with lows in the -40 range at night. Lovely.

And on that note.... 40 minutes of pool running at lunchtime today. Good lord that's tedious, but it does feel like a good workout.

Yes Tet, MBE does cycle in this stuff, and texted today that there was no way his cycling clothes would be dry at the end of the work day for his cycle-mute home.  Imagine putting on wet clothes to go home?  Yuck!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

The promised nor'easter hit and hit hard today. Everything closed down. Local grocery store included. We were only plowed out an hour ago. That stranded me indoors so I sucked it up and did 9 on the TM. A lobotomy by any other name . . .  I have to decide what to do tomorrow. My original plan was to run long. Then take Saturday off in preparation for a 20k race on Sunday. But, now the weather looks to be really bad for the race (freezing rain) and I suspect they will postpone it a week. So do I skip running tomorrow, run long on Saturday and figure they will cancel on Sunday? Or do I run long tomorrow, skip Saturday and figure they will hold the race on Sunday? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 7 easy miles out in the cold, tonight...but the wind was light, so it was okay.

I spent the rest of the evening preparing for tomorrow's interview, which included writing a proposal for the job.  I've never heard of having to do this before, but I interviewed for a job with this company about five years ago and I remember that they asked me to go home and send them a proposal.  So, if they ask this time, I'll have it all ready for them.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

spacityrunner

2.8 miles around the neighborhood late morning.  took me 35 min and felt way harder than it was.  maybe I need a rest...

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

Good luck to MikeE on his job interview.

MR. B is a hard cord cyclist. It would be hard for me to wear wet clothes to cycle back home.

Erika, I wish you speedy recovery with your foot ouchie. Good decision about resting up.

Twocat, glad to see that you guys are ok and survived the bad weather. What to do about long run??? You know what to do Smile

spacityrunner, way to go with the miles you run today. At times the mile is harder than it should...but it is all about committing to the run and get it done Smile.

We have had our share of bad weather for the last week. Today was snow, icerain, snow, more icerain, but we did have about 2 hours break with a little bit of sunshine and no wind, so I took the time off from work to run 7 miles. It felt good.

Off to Red Mountain in Canada for a few days of downhill skiing. See you all next week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

happy skiing, posies.

don't hesitate to post some pics.

enke - maybe check out Uniqlo Clothing in Bellevue Square for their warm,

extra-warm, and super-warm Heat-tech t-shirts, long sleeve, or turtlenecks

and l-j's that'll keep warm even under damp outer wear.  I have a regular

light-weight turtleneck and extra-warm T that're just right for what

we're dealing with now. All come in a ziplock so can survive

a rainy ride in to be nice and dry for the way back.

uhmm, twocat, it's nice and warm for running out here.

however,  . . . . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)