Masters Running

The Day after Valentines Day Run February 15th (Read 47 times)

Everybody seems a little slower today! Must have engaged in some wine last night with your significant other and had a big meal. Well it's time for a run and for pennance. LOL

No running today but coached my speed group yesterday and it was 2k warmup then 4X1K at 10K pace with two minutes rest in between then 2k cooldown. A good turnout even though it was Valentine's Day. I did not feel good since my medication makes me feel bloated during my runs. I cannot wait to get off of it but that is months away.

Have a great day everyone

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Tall and all to follow!

We didn't have a big meal last night, but are going out to eat tonight instead, but I still snacked to much and felt guilty this morning....Roll eyes

There is no school today (teacher work day of some sort), and DS is in Washington  on his school trip, so I am staying home with DD.  We are going to have a "girls day out" bowling lunch with two of her girlfriends, and then I will have a lazy putter around the house day....Smile

Mike - adorable grandkids!

8.5 miles in a brisk 28 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Mornin' Tall and Holly, and everyone to follow,

Sorry you didn't feel great yesterday, Tall, but good for you for getting out and coaching the group.

Holly, have fun with the "girls day out" and at dinner out tonight!

Dinner with DW last night was fun, quite tasty, and relaxing. We like our low-key approach to Valentine's Day.

My chiropractor made time for me yesterday, even though he wasn't scheduled to see patients. He worked on me for about 45 minutes to try again to start the process of getting me back to normal (whatever that is...). I went out for a workout this morning, as much because I need to get back to getting out there regularly as because I wanted to test my body parts. I went about 3 easy miles, and did some serious stretching and got up close and personal with my foam roller and a tennis ball. It hurt pretty good! Now, a few hours later, I'm not in the same pain I was, post-workout, over the last few weeks, so I'll take that as a minor sign of progress.

We're going to visit one of DW's many nieces this weekend, and hope to get in some snow shoeing with her and her husband. I'm taking my tennis ball, and maybe the foam roller too.

Have a greta Friday and weekend (especially those of you who have a long weekend).

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Morning everyone.  It sounds like many had a great Valentine's Day.

The A1A Marathon and Half is Sunday and I'd sorta like to run the HM, as the weather is predicted to be IRC.  Low 47, high 68.  Much more reasonable that normal.  (A cold front is moving through today.)  Not at any race pace since I'm out of shape, but just as a training run at a solid pace.

But given the $100 registration fee for signing up this late, and with Church singing responsibilities  I probably won't run it.  I'll likely do a boring, solo training run of 13.1 miles tomorrow instead.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Just 3.5 miles this morning...RP wasn't feeling it...

I agree Brooger, races are getting crazy expensive...

Still have this cold hanging on, but am running anyways...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

I'll likely do a boring, solo training run of 13.1 miles tomorrow instead.

I'm really looking forward to my boring, solo, freezing training run of 17 miles tomorrow, but only because I am anxious to find out what happens in the next two discs of my audiobook (The Wastelands, by Stephen King).....those audiobooks can go a long way toward keeping my company on my LRs.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Running races is getting more expensive than a round of golf.

6.02 slow miles for me.  Yesterday I watched a video of Dr. Maffetone explaining his low heart rate running.  I played around with that last summer but didn't stick with it long enough for it to do any good.  I don't know why I bothered with it today because I know I won't stick to it, but that's what I did.

Tramps

Good morning, folks.

Hey, Byll.  After watching the news this week, is your wife having second thoughts about that cruise you gave her? Wink

Beautiful sunny day in the 40's here, which made for very pleasant running weather.  12.2 EZ miles.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Starr, the Harvey McKay guy and I think I spelled his name wrong, is the one who wrote the "How to Swim with the Sharks and not get eaten alive" book that came out years ago.  He told a funny sales story about when he sold office supplies.  He drove over to his competitor's warehouse and waited for the trucks to leave to make deliveries. He followed the trucks and noted where they stopped, which gave him a list of all their accounts.  Then he called on all those companies and talked about how his service was better than theirs.  Strange guy.

Well, good news for me.  Yesterday I hit a home run with my new client, so I am excited to get off on the right foot with them.  But I sure hope Marlon gets back soon with the Jeep, as I don't think I can hold onto this anaconda for very much longer.

I am tapering this week and next, so I didn't bring my running stuff to Omaha. Today was 5.5 easy on the Andy Brown Park dirt track (twocat), with my RP, and my back pain is completely gone.  Off to work.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

rest day for me. Running 14 tomorrow, with 13.1 at HM race pace.   But what will undoubtedly be more exciting is DS is running the 5K. Last year was a new course, so a new course record for each AG. The 10-13 yr old course record holder ran it in 23:06. David can beat that running an easy pace, so he's stoked about the 5K tomorrow and hoping for an AG win in addition to a new CR for his age group. Now I'm just really hoping some little speed demon doesn't show up. He's still bummed about not winning at State last weekend, so this will be a great victory for him if he can win his AG.

Tammy

Mariposai

10 miles in sunshine and 21F.

The last 5 miles was splendid!!!!

Approve

that is all I have to say!

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey, Byll.  After watching the news this week, is your wife having second thoughts about that cruise you gave her? Wink

Ummm, no.  She's not.   Smile

Ribs, M of O of course.  Good job by the way.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good luck to David!

Rest day for me with a climbing fest of 21 trail miles on the docket for tomorrow.  Last weekend, my inner demon talked me out of doing the climb 3 times.  Hope that demon has laryngitis this time 'round.

Went to the HSU basketball game last night.  The men beat Univ of California Monterey Bay in overtime.  It was a good game, unfortunately, we got home WAAAY past our bedtime.  True to his word, The Hub got up with the 4-legged zoo at 0-dark early this a.m. and let me sleep.  And I was quite enjoying that sleep, too, until Lard Butt Chico woke me up at 6:30 to go outside to go to the bathroom (The Hub had left for a 6:30 AA meeting).

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Holly S. not to worry I made up for whatever you did not eat.  Then some perhaps.  Sad  I got on the scale this morning and the news was not good. At least dinner was!

breger1 wow a C note for a HM!!  Shocked  Do you get a gold medal made of real gold if you finish?

Spareribs I can see that I am going to have to study up on linguistica ribica to follow what you write.  Confused

fatozzig good for your DH on many fronts!

I went off for what turned into an 11 mile run.  Partly due to an RA friend's request for pictures of the ocean next time I run by it.  Alas, no ocean views around here just those of the Long Island Sound.  Well, I guess it sort of counts seeing as it is Atlantic Ocean water in it.

Burying Hill Beach on a February Afternoon

As you can see the snow is finally starting to disappear!  Now if it would only all go away.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi all --- amazing winter temps for us today -- high 40's!!   I'll take it after that blizzard last weekend!!

• 9.0 miles today in the glorious sunshine with friends!!  Life is good!!  My granddaughter is due in just a few short weeks!!

I reread that and mean my granddaughter is due to be BORN in just a few short weeks Blush

denise