Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/09 (Read 524 times)

At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Welcome to a new week, my Unique Friends -

Erika - 37.3 miles run and 2.6 miles walking

Evryday - 29.2 miles running.....Marathon PR

Shadowrunner - 27 miles; push-ups 830 push-ups; 1 hr 20 min core excerscise. 1.75 hrs free weighs

Dutchie -  Eye Surgery   Hang in there with the boredom!

Eliza - 3.1 running miles, 90 min hiking, power packing/x-training Totally Awesome Weeekend

Nono -

pfriese - 34.3 running miles, 833 pushups

fatozzig - 9.3 road miles, 10.36 trail miles, 30 min biking, 1.5 hrs core/strength  Needs goals closer together

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 3+ or 30 min; strength -------------------------------------- 30 min stationary biking; 45 min core/strength

Tues - 5 miles -------------------------------------------------------- 5.5 miles with a 9:35 ap

Wed - 3+ or 30 min; strength ------------------------------------- 30 min stationary biking; 40+ min core/strength

Thurs - Rest

Fri - 3+ or 30 min; strength ---------------------------------------- 4 miles; 1:10 hrs core/strength to the last episode of "Monk"

Sat - 10-12 trail miles ---------------------------------------------- 10 trail miles

Sun - Rest ------------------------------------------------------------- 3 hrs yard work

Totals: 9.5 road miles, 10 trail miles, 60 min stationary biking, 155 min core/strength training (sounds like a lot! ), 3 hrs yard work

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone,

I'm doing OK. Spent the last 5 days lying on my side with my head on 1 pillow only watching TV all day. Wasn't allowed to read. Was allowed to sit up every hour for 5 minutes. I was soooo bored! At least as of today I'm allowed to sit up again for a while. And I'm allowed to read again. Still can't see a thing with my R-eye, due to the gas in there. But that's supposed to get better in the next few days. I'm still off work this week. If I have full vision back in my R-eye, I'm allowed to go back to work as of next Monday for no more than 4 hours a day.

Anyways, still feel bummed about not being able/allowed to run the Roparun in a few weeks. I still have to discuss my June races (10 miler and half marathon) with the retinal surgeon.

And of course, not being able to run at all. I have two colleagues who can do without running for 6 weeks, then PR in a half mary. I'm not that kind of runner. After a week of no running my legs don't want to move forward. After 3 weeks... I hate to think about it.  Guess I'll just have to focus on my September races now.

Everyone have a great week!

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hang in there, Dutchie! That sounds worse than pregnancy-induced bed rest! Hope you're up and out there soon.

Hey Leslie, thanks for doing this yet again for all of us.

Monday: 4 miles on the elliptical (31:50) and .4 mile walk (3 laps around the 200m track... is 600 meters .4 mile??)

Tuesday: 6 hilly miles, 8:15 avg pace; .38 mile walk

Wednesday: 5.5 miles in snow flurries (!), .6 mile walk

Thursday: 9.5 hilly miles with headwind (lovely), .3 mile walk

Friday: 4 miles on the elliptical (32:17), 1.2 mile walk, 20 minutes abs/core/stretching

Saturday: 8.6 miles (8:26 avg pace), .32 mile walk; housecleaning

Sunday: 7.4 miles tempo (7:45 pace), .25 mile walk

Totals: 37.1 miles run, 3.4 miles walked, 8 miles elliptical and some core

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Leslie:  Thanks for starting us off.

Dutchie:  Hang in there.  It sucks being out of action, but it is only temporary.  Maybe you can bicycle or swim instead if you can't run for awhile.  Take care.

Mon:  15 mins core excercises:  120 push-ups; 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  60 mins of free weights at fitness center mostly UB with some light leg weight work-out..

Tue: 15 mins core excercises:  150 push-ups; 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  Easy  6.4 mile run @ 8 min pace after work.

Wed: 15 mins core excercises:  150 push-ups; 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching. Early morning 10 mile bike ride.  Afternoon - 60 mins of free weights - UB only.  Evening - 40 min tempo run 4.93 miles

Thur: 15 mins core excercises:  160 push-ups; 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  Easy run 6.4 mile run this evening after work.

Fri:  15 mins core excercises:  130 push-ups; 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.   Early morning bike ride - 10 miles.  PM- 1hr, 10 min Free weights mostly UB w/light leg work.

Sat: 8 mile hill run @ 8:20 pace at Tyler park.

Sun: rest day.

Total: 25.7 miles; 710 push-ups; 1.25 hrs core; 20 miles bike; 3hrs 10 min free-weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dutchie, use this time as an opportunity to relax, rest up and heal.  Maybe easy for me to say....but I'm wishing you the best.

I'm back to running.

Monday...............6miles.............6miles

Tues....................6miles............6miles

Wed.....................rest..................rest

Thurs...................rest.................rest

Friday...................9miles...........9miles

Sat.......................rest..................rest

Sun......................12miles..........12miles

total....33miles

Thanks Leslie.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Monday - jet-lagged and water-logged from leaving the AZ desert and returning to the PA-terrarium; rest (MTA - it was rest indeed; I did another one of those sleep-like-a-baby things - nap for 3-4 hours, wake up, eat a little, repeat from 5 pm until 7 Tuesday am!)

Tuesday - allergies or sinus infection?  still haven't figured out which, but whichever it is, it's so bad that it's breathing as XT today  Sad

Wednesday - 30 minute walk; tried for a run but HR said "no way;" good to be outside and moving (MTA - went to bed way early; feeling slightly better so far early Thurs am; hopeful!)

Taking a break, again.  Not quitting running, just trying to reboot running and other aspects of my life.  It's all good.  Will be thinking of you and will be back soon.   

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Hang in there, Dutchie!  It's harder to be still when you're told to than when you want to.   Hopefully you'll be cleared to do something like the elliptical, pool running, soon.  It's unfortunate about your summer running plans, but at least you know you'll be able to see that finish line when you come roaring across it!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Dutchie--glad you were able to get your eye fixed.  It may be frustrating, but once you're back seeing clearly AND running again, you won't miss the 3 weeks.  (too much )

It's not Friday yet, but thought I'd get a little earlier start after missing the entire week last time around.

Monday:  Yoga.  Done.

Tuesday:  3.5 miles.  Done, in gorgeous IRC with a little sproink even.

Wednesday:  x-training or 2 miles.  cross-mowing after work and 1.5 miles with Max after dinner.

Thursday:  3.5 miles.  3.8 miles on another perfect morning.

Friday:  Rest.  done.

Saturday:  6K race or pump class.  Missed both so far.  Hope for something else later today.  max and I walked 1.5

Sunday:  6.5 miles  6.5 done plus 1.5 with Max.

Toals:  13.7 running and 4.5 Maxing

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

(sneaking in....shhhh)     (((((((Dutchie!)))))))
                      pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M: rest day
                        T: 8 miles
                        W: 8 miles
                        Th: 7.4 miles
                        F: 4.6 miles
                        Sa: 18.6 miles
                        Su: 4.6 miles

Paul