Masters Running

Thursday July 2 runs and fun (Read 366 times)

King of PhotoShop

It will have to be this weekend before I get to the RR's, long or no.  Swamped with work just now.

7 miles today on the track , and a bit fatigued from the heat.  Did a flex and core workout at the Y later.  Tired now. 

Mariposai, this is not the time for progression runs.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Ohh. ohh the wiseone's avatar is talking to me...

For the record, I had no intention to doing a progression run, I just end up with one. Well, it was done at a very slow pace: 11:30 going up and 10:20ish coming back donw

besides, the cherries were sooooo good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slept in this morning and then puttered around the house, so I'll do today's 3 early tomorrow.  Wasn't a total slug, though - spent 2 hours out on the bay, about 3/4 of it actually paddling and the rest communing with the shorebirds.  Got within one paddle-length of a baby seagull - very kewl.

Going to pick up my sailboat tomorrow.    My best friends have a used 14' daysailor that they don't get to use enough to make keeping it worthwhile, so they're giving it to me.  I'm holding it in a sort of trust until their kids, my three perfect godsons, are old enough to use it.  Can't wait - both to sail it myself and to take the kiddos out with me.

MTA - I just signed up to volunteer at a race next month, my first time for helping at a race.  The RD is a college student who started the race two summers ago as a high school community service project to support Autism research.   It's on the beach, and walking/running in the sand is not a good thing for my wonky ankles, so I decided to volunteer instead.  Looking forward to it.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

I'll be in Seattle for a bit later this month, too! I get in around noon on Sunday the 19th around noon and leave Tuesday evening. I'd have time on Sunday to play...

Tammy, I'm just amazed at how hot it is where you are. I had no idea. I don't think I'd do much running in that either. Glad to hear you've got the "want to" though, that's important!

Holly that cake sounds yummy... I can't believe how many cookies I ate over the weekend. It's been years since I've had cookies, but those that Laura and Tammy brought were soooo good!

I'll get to a race report, maybe today. Not much to say that hasn't already been said really. 

I'm off today and tomorrow and have a long list of things to do this weekend. My house and garden are so neglected... but it's so nice outside!

Mile race tonight on the high school track. Being so soon after the marathon this will be a "check it off the list" event for me, not a speed thing. They split the usually large group of women into two groups "Fast Wimmin" and "Slow Chicks." I've always brought up the tail end of the "Fast Wimmin" in years past but this year I'll be running with the "Slow Chicks" and probably come in somewhere in the top third of that group. I'll try to get in a few easy miles (like three) earlier today but my "to do" list might get in the way of that.

Mariposai Crete!    With very limited web access.    Returning tomorrow.    Nothing but rain in CT while I was gone.    Good weather forecast starting when I get back!    

dg. hey you wake up!  Editor huh?  What?  Who are you?  dg.  I'm dg. and you are supposed to be keeping Twocat's posting up to date.  What are you dong?  Editor Sleeping.  You blind?    dg.  You lazy bum!  Get up and do your job!  You ought to be canned!  Where is Econo for help when you need her!?   Editor:  Oh geez ok, ok.  No need to gang up on me.  Hey Twocat!  your getting complaints get up and get back to work!  I'm heading back to the beach to sleep er, work.  Yea, that's the ticket I am heading back to the beach to work.  You off to the lobby so that you can get on the internet!  Off!  Now!  Twocat grumble, grumble . . .

Twocat  See everybody on the forum this weekend! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Renee the dog

Mariposai Crete!    With very limited web access. 

This just has to be said:

You suck.

Not much going on w/me except preparing for the weekend.   Gonna slide board before dinner and do some strengthening.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Erika, yes So. Oregon has quite a different climate from the center or northern part of Oregon. We will typically go about 3-4 mos with no rainfall and have several weeks in a row of 90's to low 100's. Right now we are into our week of 100's and then should cool off to double digits for a bit. The end of July usually gets real hot again too. We can usually go all the way through October still wearing shorts/tshirts. Seems like David doesn't need to start wearing long pants to school until around the beginning to mid October sometime.

well, shoot . . . you and I will be in Seattle at the same time but I don't think it'll work to try and hook up. That Sunday 19th, we'll be out at the drag race finals, and then we hop a ferry to Kitsap around dinner time so that my son can go to his Seattle Jr. Football Camp the following morning.

Tammy