Masters Running

Garmin Forerunner Recommendations (Read 49 times)

I just ordered the Garmin 310XT thru Amazon .... my 305 has been finicky as well lately, but I've had it about 5years.  It was a great watch and Garmin has had very good customer service.  I'll keep you posted when I get it and how I like it.  I did consider the 910XT but there are too many features for me to learn and I really don't need so I couldn't justify spending twice the amount!

denise

MM #7877

I just ordered the 310XT w/ HRM from Amazon also. Delivery is scheduled for Friday. Looking forward to using it Smile

Philippians 4:13.

I just ordered the 310XT w/ HRM from Amazon also. Delivery is scheduled for Friday. Looking forward to using it Smile

We must have been ordering from Amazon right about the same time!!  I did the bundle with the bike mount and cadence monitor as well so I opened an Amazon credit card to get $50 off the purchase.  Mine should be here Friday as well!!

denise

MM #7877

I received mine from Fedex yesterday. Anyone want to connect to me - look up ibleedunionblue  or my real name Dennis Ley.

Dave59

We must have been ordering from Amazon right about the same time!!  I did the bundle with the bike mount and cadence monitor as well so I opened an Amazon credit card to get $50 off the purchase.  Mine should be here Friday as well!!

You two are making me wish my 410 would break.  I've been watching the price on the 310XT and it has been dropping lately.

We use our Amazon card for practically everything, and then when I go Amazon to make a purchase I usually have enough points to get it for free.  (It just depends on whether I get there before Cindy uses the points.)  We are Amazon Prime members too so 2-day shipping is free.

I cant wait for mine to arrive today!!

Dave - my 305 still works, but I'm tired of it's finickiness - I use amazon prime as well - kind of surprised it's not here yet.

Dennis - not only did we purchase at the same time, our names are similar - Denise Illsley Big grin

denise

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I drowned my 305 a few years ago - the battery swelled as it aged, which subtly cracked the case open.  I went to stand in the lake one day and that was that.

Have been through a stable of Garmin devices since.  My 910XT has been great since the first rounds of buggy firmware were handled, although its barometric altimeter can be flaky.  Some people have had to exchange a few.

Unfortunately, I can't find it.  It vanished from my world after I unloaded an insanely stupid ride a few weeks ago, and it isn't anywhere.  I blame the cat, although after turning my house upside-down, still no joy.  I assume it will turn up some day while I'm not looking for it.  In the interim, I've been using my phone, which makes me really, really nervous.

A guy nearby is selling his 610 at a great price, so I've jumped on it.  Hesitated for a few minutes, wondering whether to go to the new 620, but its cool-factor has a few drawbacks (not cycling friendly at all) that left me happy to pay half the bill for the 610.  Will report back.

Dave59

Unfortunately, I can't find it.  It vanished from my world after I unloaded an insanely stupid ride a few weeks ago, and it isn't anywhere.  I blame the cat, although after turning my house upside-down, still no joy.  I assume it will turn up some day while I'm not looking for it.  In the interim, I've been using my phone, which makes me really, really nervous.

Did you check your wrist?

My friend found her's in her running shoes. Big grin

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Trust me, I checked in both places.  And my hat.  Sometimes I put things in my hat.

It's a puzzle.

I went with a 610 this year, which is the one that looks like a regular watch (and can be worn as one except that it's pretty big). I'm not sure if it's an improvement over my 305, which I still have, but the 305 was having trouble transferring data to my PC where the 610 does it wirelessly.

Overall, the watch-style unit fits on my wrist better. It does support the usual HRM and can also talk to a bike speed/cadence sensor, but it's not as good for multi-sport usage as the 305 was.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

MM #7877

I cant wait for mine to arrive today!!

Dave - my 305 still works, but I'm tired of it's finickiness - I use amazon prime as well - kind of surprised it's not here yet.

Dennis - not only did we purchase at the same time, our names are similar - Denise Illsley Big grin

Thats funny. When you get on Garmin connect, be sure to add me on there.

MM #7877

Question for anyone with a 310 XT - I just went out for an 11 mile jog.  It says I burned 153 calories.  That cant be right.  Yes, it was slow jog because I have a half marathon on Sunday. But seriously, 153 calories? I have to have this thing set up wrong.

Nevermind - I seen I set myself as "lifetime athlete" so I dropped this back and did a 2 mile jog and the results seemed more reasonable.