Masters Running

It's Monday,May 11th WDYDT (Read 603 times)

fatozzig what a course! SueT48 yea I have lost bottles too. Very annoying. With my headphones on, and sometimes even without, I have no idea when they drop. It is the belt's worst feature by far. My local running store is trying to convince me to try a new brand they just started carrying (sorry I forget the name). Maybe when my current bottle supply drops off I will give it a shot.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Franc, good job on your 5K. Sue, nice trail run. henrun, I'm glad to hear you don't have a stress fracture. nono, that's a great picture of you with your kids. mariposai, I like the picture of you running with your boys. lame, congrats to your daughter on her AG win in the climbing contest. fatozzig, you had a good race in spite of the time discrepancy. Nice long runs for breger, Holly, PDR, CNY, WRFB, Tall, Walt (longest of year), Aamos, and busi. This morning, the temp was in the mid to high 30s and almost calm. I got in 8 miles in a little over 1:17 for a 9:39 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

Marathon Maniac #3309

fatozzig what a course! SueT48 yea I have lost bottles too. Very annoying. With my headphones on, and sometimes even without, I have no idea when they drop. It is the belt's worst feature by far. My local running store is trying to convince me to try a new brand they just started carrying (sorry I forget the name). Maybe when my current bottle supply drops off I will give it a shot.
        I had to buy a new fuel belt a few weeks ago, because I kept losing my bottles too...I couldn't hear them fall off either because of my I POD. With the belt I have (4 bottle belt ) I also find it hard snapping the bottles back on while running, then go to reach for it and it's gone Angry Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

Leslie, contact the RD and tell him just what you told us. Quite often the scorers make errors in a non-chip race using bib tags. They will understand and should adjust your time. Wow! Is Nono hot or what?? Don't do this to me!!! Meg, can you find a soft surface to run on at least some days of the week? Or are you doing soft surface running now? If I remember correctly you are also using glucosamine/chondroitin, correct? Evry, I believe that drink you couldn't remember was called "ERG" which did taste terrible, and the letters in the name stood for "Electrolyte replacement & glucose." Henrun, that is great news. I know your doc will give you useful exercises or your PT will, but many here have a number of them and they really do help. Spareribs
            Awesome pics on the daily today of a car-less garage (how do you ride all those bikes at once, anyway?) and two gorgeous goddess moms. Some awesome runs over the weekend, too. Just back from the dentist - look, ma, no cavities - and the podiatrist, where the news isn't so good, but isn't all that bad, either. I'm feeling really good about having the "twinge" in my right ankle checked out a few weeks ago, since for once it wasn't all in my imagination. MRI shows tendonitis. Not to the point that the doc is terribly concerned, but I'm on topical anti-inflammatories 24/7 and PT 2-3x/week for the next month. He says I'm fine to keep running, but absolutely no speed work. I reminded him that at my pace, "speed work" is quite the exaggeration, but he still said only slow and steady for this turtle. OK, so I added the turtle part. We talked marathon training plans more than we talked tendonitis (I adore this guy!), and he told me to look at Higdon's novice plan rather than Fitzgerald's. He's not keen on me doing speedwork or hills for a first marathon. Hills are a given whenever I train in PA, but I'll be doing nearly all of my runs on a (FLAT) barrier island in NJ very soon, and I do all of my long runs there year-round. Doc thinks a middle ground between Higdon's two levels of novice marathon plans will work best. Glad I put the schedule in my calendar in pencil! Best news is that the shoulder and neck tightness from the car accident seem to be gone. I'm driving a rental now while my car's being repaired and am being hyper-vigilant of what's behind me every time I slow down! Thinking of Stumpy/Kevin's comment about the woman he met on the trail today. The results of my accident have been an inconvenience and an annoyance, but I'm so grateful when I remember just how much worse it could have been. Eliz MTA - I've been determined to meet my goals injury-free. If doc says I'm still allowed to run, does that count? Wink

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

Eliz, I'm glad you've found a plan/approach that fits your circumstances. And a good doctor. Henrun, yay. I'm so glad. All things considered! nono... exactly!!! Big grin what a great picture. oh, so behind again. today, rest. Sunday.. 6.8 miles, beautiful but windy by the river. 9:42 av. pace, 8:37 max. ahr 166, max 176. Still all on my uncalibrated polar... I found the information about the mileage markers at the park & was all ready to go..... but they are color coded & the colors have all worn off. grr. I really want to figure this out soon. I did find some of the cool reports I can get,... I just have to figure out what they mean. Smile Saturday.. another 5K. Not really as a race, but I'll admit I tried to do well. didn't, but tried! I almost wrote a RR this time, really. Maybe next time. A few salient points... the good thing is, I can support my HRM habit by writing a book on how to cherry pick races. another first in ag, out of 8. 43 out of 123 overall. slow slow, 9:28 pace. Lesson section: I started in the back & it wasn't chip timed for the start, not a big difference because of the size of the group, but still, start further up next time! If I wear a hat again it will be something like this.... firmly secured with a chin strap. mine blew off & I had to go back & get it. Fashion... black zoot shorts, a white shebeest singlet, & charcoal gray nike frees. and an unsecured white shebeest hat. No trophy but a $10.00 gift certificate to a local running store, so I got a great pair of socks. This is the 3rd year for this race, they really do a nice job, at least it seems so to me. They are supporting Mott's Children's Hospital, primarily for blood cancers... the family that started it lost their son. My heart goes out to them.
                nonoruns if you get a chance can you post or send me the cites in Pfitz's book on fueling or not on a long run. I spent quite a bit of time once looking for research papers on the topic without any success and would like to see what is out there. Anyway if you get a chance thanks, if not no sweat now that I know they exist I can give it another whack.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

dg....you come back here and write a report...Black eye Congrats on your First Age group!!!!!!!!!!Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi everyone. I started out this day tired and unmotivated, which is not like me. I loafed around until 6:00 PM, and finally got out there to do my day two of week 4 of C25K on woods paths that are so rough, that my pace was a laugh. But I did get out there, and got it done, and where I couldn't actually run because of the course, I pushed on best I could. Had a good half hour walk/run with Robby, the Aussie. It was rewarding after all. Wink Woods Lady

Top 'O the World!

Well done Woods Lady! I know how that can go! I gotta start getting out earlier in the am Blush my poor doggie doesn't do well in the heat.
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group