Masters Running

Surgery report, 5.5.22 (Read 37 times)

TammyinGP

this is a keeper! 

You almost make this type of event sound fun.

Glad you are home recovering, your event went as planned and hopefully you'll be back to your regular training soon!

Tammy

Mariposai

A report worth keeping! So glad to hear that all went well.

Now, rest up young man!

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

..just checking to Wish jay Rest and Healing................glad it's done

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Glad the race went well yesterday!! Now remember the recovery is just as important and sometimes those post-race “snacks” can really help the recovery!! ps - you can’t move if you are in too much pain xo

denise

Very clever race report, Jay.  I am glad that everything turned out OK, with adding a second repair and all.  Better to find that now rather than after you'd have recovered from the first surgery. Speedy recovery.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Joe618

Hope the healing process is continuing, Jay.   Hernias are not to be messed with...I spent 17 years making some of the stuff that goes inside people's bellies to repair hernias and learned a lot.   It will heal but don't strain it. 

Your cleverness in the report is awesome!   Yet, it can't mask the importance of the procedure and it won't diminish our well wishes to your wisdom in recovery activities.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Marathon Maniac #957

I love it!  Heal up!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MurrayM

Dude!

Both sides ?!!?

My only advice is don't sneeze for awhile, and when you think you're ready to ramp things up again, resist that temptation and go slower for a little bit longer.

Now you have time for some serious reading