Masters Running

Fri Jan 25 Runs and Workouts (Read 708 times)

The Jogger

Dale & Holly, thanks for the update on Sans, she might even join us here. Hi Debs. Night All Roy

Marathon Maniac #957

Enk – our house is actually less than 1000 sq.ft., but that doesn’t include the 1-car garage (woo hoo). It’s a cute little house actually, but you are so right, the kids make it seem even smaller than it is. We’re ready for some more space. Looking through the summer photos makes me yearn for the smell of green growing things again. Remember running through the early morning with the smell of jasmine and other blooming flowers wafting up from each yard you pass? Here’s my garden this year. Not very big, but it gave us lots of fresh tomatoes – I miss those big garden tomato/cheddar/Miracle Whip on whole wheat sandwiches: Okay, I’m ready for spring. (checks calendar impatiently)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm still bummed about missing the movie last night and i think i'm going to be in vermont when the next showing is out ........taking the boys skiing/snowboarding on their school vacation - i plugged in the zipcode for where we are thinking of going and the closest theatre is 85 miles away!! bumming here!! friday - 3.1 mile treadmill loop..........abs/oblique/upper and lower body machines then a night of dancing!!

denise

SteveP

Pet peeve: When I called to make an appointment, the receptionist asked what my problem was and I told her. At the office, the nurse asked me again, along with which leg, what part of the leg, etc. Then when the dr. finally came in, the first thing he says is "So, why are you here today?" I need to explain three times?
          I went to the Dr because of a back strain. As I had just moved to the area, it was my first time there. The assistant asked if the Dr ever had me wear a gown.....I replied, "Some times on Saturday nights". When the Dr came in he said, "I'm not buying you flowers". It's good to read a Stumpy post 3.1 untimed miles. I went out with a out of town RD and helped plot the course for Saturday's snow shoe race. Why ask for a guide if you're not gonna listen???? Oh well, we got it done.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I went to the Dr because of a back strain. As I had just moved to the area, it was my first time there. The assistant asked if the Dr ever had me wear a gown.....I replied, "Some times on Saturday nights". When the Dr came in he said, "I'm not buying you flowers".
            Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."