Masters Running

The Thursday before Boston daily (Read 36 times)

Mariposai

Ok, our Boston runners are being too mellow during their taper time. What is up with that?

I personally think TM runners rock!!

Snow in April will not make me happy, even when I love the snow.

I am am hoping to run a few miles with my running buddie this morning,  so I better get going. 53f at 5am. It will be a warm day!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Yeah, I kind of forgot all about Boston until I saw a news story about the anniversary.  Oh yeah!  I take it we have some participants again this year?

This cool weather would have been wonderful for Monday.  Barely above freezing again this morning.  Out for 5.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Morning.

Quick post - another busy day.

Got 4 in very early.

Here's hoping for nice running weather in Boston on Monday.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sayhey! MM#130

Whoa, Nancy starting us off from the left coast! And after 9 miles + speed work yesterday, impressive!

Erika running back from puddles on her 8 miler--been there and done it and hate it.  Love your attitude.  (She must have a batwoman cape.)

C-R, you know, every workout has a purpose .  Good job getting that in last night!

Hi Tramps!

Yay for you, Deez!  Please post your number; I know it's crazy, but maybe I can find you.  You know, we're just out of the full moon, think that had anything to do with all your business at work?  I heard an ER doc from Boston on "Here & Now" yesterday who was on the show a year ago talking about what it was like treating all the victims.  He said the next day, some listener from Texas sent about 25 pizzas to his hospital.  (He was happy about the ones with the jalpenas.)

tet, my family loved to tease me.  Grandpa had me in tears once with his "Al Kaline was traded by the Tigers" story.  You made me smile to remember that.  Thanks for dog support.  Tag, if you have any words of wisdom on small dogs that are "regular" dogs (not teacup or poofy, you know), let me know.

And Mike, my dream is that I show up at the marathon with Birkenstocks on my feet (adding "my feet" to shore up that preposition, Erika.)

Starr, good deal making your workout.  Say, I learned recently Grandma's is still open and my Rapid City running buddy lives there now and invited me to stay with her if I want to do it (she is doing the half).  Do you think the snow will stop by June 21st??

6.2 for me on a beautiful morning.  Last 4 were under 8:30.  I'm so happy and grateful to be going to Boston, I have not set any goal but I do need to have a plan of what pace to run.    I was thinking 8:30, but please feel free to chime in if you have an opinion.

Hope you all love your Thursdays.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

...sorry to hear mikeE was a wimp..

......must be the Hat....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Whoa, Nancy starting us off from the left coast! And after 9 miles + speed work yesterday, impressive!

+1

I had an early appointment this morning which had me short on time, so I just got in 2.6 miles on the TM.  I am supposed to join a GF at her gym after work for something called "Killer Floor Workout."  We'll see if I survive....

Edited to fix my typo...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

David's coach is heading off to Boston today and will be gone for a week. Guess those distance kids are stuck with me now.  David had a good meet yesterday. Ran the 3000m again with a time of 10:14 (last week was 10:52). This time he was only 2 seconds behind the winner (same kid who won last week with a time of 10:22). Next week he's running the 800m and 1500m. And then he'll go back to the 3000m as his main event that should qualify him for state. He's currently 3rd in our district and they take the top 16 to State.

Tammy

Did I miss something?  Amy wants to adopt a dog???  Wish I could, but it's not in the cards . . . . at least not in the foreseeable future.  The Hub's not much of a dog person, and our 5 cats don't particularly care for them either.  If circumstances were different, though, I'd love to have a running buddy.

And how do you join someone at their "gum"?  I'm trying to visualize.  

Tom - Enjoy your well-deserved vacay.

Last night was our first Easter choir practice with the band/orchestra.  Things are sounding really cool.

Rest day for me, then flipping my weekend running around.  We have the option of having tomorrow afternoon off as a paid holiday, so I've opted to take the whole day.  Will do 20 tomorrow and 12 on Saturday so I can get to all the church services on time.  Since The Hub works all day tomorrow, I have no plans except to get through the 20 unscathed.

Later ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

OK, weather alert, we're peaking too early here people.

The weathercaster went out too fast, I fear the wall

Too Good?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Amy -

Telephone conversation late this morning:

Receptionist: Your dad's on the phone.

Me: Oh!  Hey, Dad.  Glad you called, I needed to talk to you today about this weekend.

Dad: Hey, babe, so the doctor said I didn't necessarily need a ride for tomorrow. Some people have rides, some don't, but it might be a good idea to plan for one.  You never know.

Me while he is talking: What is he talking about?!?  It suddenly hits me - his eye appointment!!  Which we haven't talked about in at least 3 weeks.  So is it on my radar?  No!

The older my beloved Pops gets, the more he enters into conversations like he and you have been discussing said issue for an extended period of time or you've known the person he's talking about for years - even if you've never met them.  I am constantly playing catch up in my own head, but sometimes just say, "What/who are you talking about, Dad?" and then he's sort of surprised you don't know.  *sigh*  Love him to death.

So, so much for sleeping in and running a leisurely 20 tomorrow.  I gotta be at said doctor's office no later than 2:30.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey friends!!  Had to pull out my winter gear for this morning's chilly run!!  5.2 miles with 8 x 1/4 mile pickups alt with 1/4 mile recovery in the middle  -  felt great!!   Had a physical and my dr. told me I was perfect!!!  Loved coming home and telling dh he was living with perfection - hahaha!!  Far from perfect but had a nice visit with my doc.  Then - a 90 minute deep tissue massage --- ahhhhh my muscles are happy right now!!

Aamos - my bib # is 33375 and Im in Wave 4 corral 7 ------ waaaaay in the back!!   What's your number and assigned location?

I heard lots of wonderful stories like that last year -- so many people, so many acts of kindness!!

Starr -- I dont always block my time to have a nice stretch off because I find the 3 12 hour shifts in a row a lot.  There are times when it is definitely worth it like this week and during the summer when I want to block time off.

denise

Hi Folks!

I just ran 5.1 Remi miles in the rain, but it was 55F roughly, and I was happy to be wearing shorts.  Working from home today.....boob squishing app't went well.  Had blood draws for physical, which I haven't had in two years.  This new doctor.....awesome...he is a runner and he spent most of the time talking about local races we have both done.  Then when he listened to my heart, he said "I know for sure now that you are a runner, because your HR is about 45 bpm".  Blood pressure 126/60.  With no family history of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, he said I probably have another 50 to live.  Maybe I should post these stats on my dating profile?  That is, next time I join again - quitting it for now (for various reasons).

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tammy, nice racing by your son.

Nice long run for Mike.  Good job on the speedwork for ribs, Aamos, and deez.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 30s with some wind.  I did 5 miles at a 10:53 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

. . . he said "I know for sure now that you are a runner, because your HR is about 45 bpm".  Blood pressure 126/60.  With no family history of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, he said I probably have another 50 to live.  Maybe I should post these stats on my dating profile?  That is, next time I join again - quitting it for now (for various reasons).

I'm envisioning a web site that's all about health stats as opposed to boob and waist stats.  You may be on to something there, Enke!

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

A local runner friend posted a listing of all our local runners (that we are aware of) with their  bib #'s that are running Boston. 14 runners from my area will be out there, with our fastest guy being #972.

for me, Monday is known as "unproductive Monday morning"

Tammy