Masters Running

Sunday 25 March Madness 2018 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - that sure is a mean place to put that climb...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

KSA, that's so tragic. 72 is too young, especially for a fit runner. You just never know, right?

RCG, you've been through quite a lot, and I remember when you thought you ruined your recovery by doing too much too soon. Believe me, I'm thinking about you as I go through recovery and rebuilding. I'm very glad to see you here at RA again, fren!

Bioguy, you've got every reason to be proud! Congrats on your daughter's accomplishment!

Carolyn, you'll probably be fine but if you want to just try a 15-18 mile run on flatter terrain, that would be a good practice. Other than that, just wing it, you'll be fine. You'll have extra oxygen you're not used to that'll help you along. 

Ran 4.4 hilly miles this afternoon. It's just too nice out for the treadmill and I didn't want to drive to flatter terrain, so did my hilly neighborhood road route. I am SO out of hill shape! OMG, I thought I was going to collapse a couple times. Too many stops, but that's ok at this point. I did find that my leg does not like the downhill stuff, which is a real drag given how much I love running downhill. Oh well, work in progress, right? Got a bit over 15 miles for the week.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went for a 6 mile easy run, today.

That's all I got.  See ya!

TammyinGP

Carolyn, The part around the lake is relatively flat, but has constant rollers throughout, so it's not like exactly flat. The views are nice though and maybe that would make up for the lack of climbing?

oh, just clicked on that link and see that that is the Strava run with Ellener who is who I train with 

Rosie - dang girl! that's a lot to to go through! I sure hope 2018 is a very uneventful year for you. 

24 miles of trails today and it was not a confidence building run in the least. My IT band started bothering me, then barking at me, then yelling at me for the last 11 miles of this run. And it's an out-n-back so it's not like there was anywhere I could have cut the run short and returned to the car. I'll be doing lots of stretching, massage and rolling and hoping that will work it out. May go to my sports chiro and have him strip the IT band too. Not what I want to have happen only 40 days out from my race.

Tammy

Basketball, chores, kid chauffeuring, building mid century room divider. No running.

bioguy; congrats!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mariposai

Erika, I am so happy to see you running again. Like you, I celebrated my 18 mile week this week.

RosedColoredGlasses, you are such an inspiration and I do love seeing you here.

Surly Bill, I am intrigued with the building mid century room divider Smile

Tamster, 24 trail Miles.........wooWWWWWWWWWWWW

Today, as per my sports PT command, I ran 4 miles. The Easy Pacer and I had our first running date in 3 months. He ran fast, fast, faster than me, but it was so good to be on the road together again.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

(((((Rose Colored Glasses))))). I've sure missed you here.

BioGuy -  Congratulations!!!

RunnerKSA - I'm sorry for the community's loss.

Holly - We're often too hard on ourselves. How can you not rock a swimsuit?

I took a rest and recharge day.

SteveP