Masters Running

Back to Reality Monday (Read 39 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, warm rain overnight last night....and cold rain late this afternoon.  Luckily I ran at lunch!  8.15 at an 8:25 pace.  After work I taught spin on base.

RunnerKSA, nice summation on the running streak rules.  I briefly considered joining, then decided that I knew what it was and that was good enough for me.  That's a nice streak and the fact you've done (at least) one more is great.  I tried to see if I could run every day for one year and it sort of took on a life of its own.

Have a great night everyone!

Semi-ok day at school. /I celebrate Darwin's bday with food, drink, and a good film, but by God i have some dull students who can't look away from their  phones.

5 miles easy today.

I've always wondered why they're allowed to have phone in class rooms.

I wouldn't have to where with all the even try to do a running or any other exercise streak.

Holly - You should be able to find a rental for $30+/- a day.

I got in an hour of core/ST after work today.  Much to my surprise, The Hub walked into my office at 2:30.  He had walked the 3 miles from our house down to my work.  Said he needs to lose weight for my nephew's wedding in June.  I'm still in shock.  

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

It gets very automatic and makes the decision about running that day an easy one.  I could not do it without having my own treadmill.  I’ve averaged 5.2 miles a day for this streak, which Is pretty good.  I hardly have any 1 mile days-  maybe the day after a marathon or days like today when I’m sick.   To me, the important thing is that in 954 days I haven’t been too sick or too injured to run.  Streaks usually must end, and that has to be accepted.  Another runner on this site has injured herself permanently due to a refusal to let go of her streak even when she couldn’t even turn over in bed due to pain.  That’s not going to be me.  International travel would also make it difficult- especially to the Far East.   The other big negative is that a streak tends to limit cross training, especially with a day job in the picture.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

...she couldn’t even turn over in bed due to pain.  

Sooo...this isn't normal?

metalmancpa

I sit here typing with an ice pack on my leg, 600mg Motrin, and a couple of adult beverages consumed.

Today's run - 6.06 miles at an overall 8:58/mile pace. It was one of those runs, not the kind where it's you had a 'pop" or some other instant injury which forced you to stop on a dime. Nope, it started out just fine. But around the 2 mile mark, the hamstring decided to have a conversation with me. You know, the "Hi, how are you doing? I'm here" sort of conversation. I did 8:43 then 8:59 in the initial conversation stage. Then the hamstring decided no more talking, but instead a nice steady dose of burn. I could have, no, I should have stopped. But I didn't. Instead I labored the last 2 miles at 9:09 and 9:21. I wasn't being stubborn. I went through the "I can run through it and loosen it out" stage in miles 3 and 4. When that didn't work, why didn't I shut it down. Who knows, but I guess I'll just have to see what it feels like when I wake up in the morning.

Mariposai

I have been gone for almost a week due to business travels and a weekend fun with my two sons in Seattle. It seems like a lot has happened while I was gone. Like MikeE just flew to his marathon destination and rocked his race. Holly had a car trouble, Erika is loosing count on  her lap pool running, etc, etc.

My butterfly wings just ran 19 miles total for the week last week. A huge victory coming back from injury. EVERY MILE is a GIFT!!!

Today was a rest day for my mariposa wings, yesterday I ran 7.5 smile miles, the longest run post injury.

Cherish your miles my friends!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

...Woke up this morning and the TV station was showing how to BOIL water before you drank it....

Tet, I admire you for breaking out of the comfort zone.

Do you have the recipe?  Two Cat, I'd be stressed during that commute.

Surly Bill, I've canceled my membership to the ATT fan club.

5.3 miles on the mountain to get the running week started.  Clear blue skies, warmed up to 45ish and little wind made it for a delightful outing on the mountain  I love trail running!

Gotta love the butterfly wings.

The treadmill is simply darn convenient. I can get home. Get dinner started. Drop trousers and go. I've been putting glide on my underbelly so it doesn't chafe on my thighs. 2 miles.

SteveP