Masters Running

The Earth Day Saturday Daily, 4.22.17 (Read 36 times)

Henrun

Happy Earth Day all!

Ran 4 miles in a mizzle this morning. Many friendly greetings on the way.

Had a wonderful visit from my 4 year old GD and my DS and DDIL this afternoon. Makes me feel so blessed for our blended family.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, my beer dinner got canceled .  But we're still going up tomorrow to open the camp, just not staying over.  Oh well.  My training schedule had me down for a 10K race, but I couldn't find one, and I hate to pay for a training run anyway, so did as hard a two laps around the lake as I could this morning.  Managed to keep the first lap under 9 m/m, but ended up at 9:14 overall.  Not as bad as I feared, but still leaves me wondering where my 2 hour half pace is coming from in three weeks.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

I was also thinking about joining a March for Science either in AA (but heard that dg9 would not be attending) or in downtown Detroit. But as I said above, just too much to get done today!

you did not..   I didn't decide till about 11 ish.    though.   maybe you have ways.    eek   ; -  Wink

well, DaveinAA & the nolongerBabyinaAA were there!

next time, Doug.  and we'll make signs!   :  Wink

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, Tramps--you're dang Magic 8 Ball was correct.  I hate Magic 8 Balls.

Dave59

Well, Tramps--you're dang Magic 8 Ball was correct.  I hate Magic 8 Balls.

Sorry about the Wild. The Blues are my favorite team in the west so I was pleased. I'm watching the Rangers-Canadians game and it is crazy. There are going to be a lot of sore players tonight.

catwhoorg

Labrat

21:39 in my 5K.

Not sub 21 as I had hoped for, but a PR, 2nd in AG and  some progress towards my goal.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

Wait - this really happens?  A HUSBAND scrubbing a shower stall?  Wonders never cease! 

Yep. I do that in our house as well. DW can't stand the smell of the cleaner in an enclosed space.

(well thats what she SAYS anyway)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mariposai

What a fun thread today, but I am way too tired to comment much.

The Easy Pacer and I had a nice yard work day in the morning today. We have our deck ready for summer and flowers planted on the flower pots.

In the afternoon I ran the Omak Orchards in Bloom half marathon race course to paint the mile markers. I was lucky enough to have my co-RD run it with me too, so I had company.

Off to watch a movie then to bed.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I ran a race today and put it in the race thread, so won't repeat much here.

I'm pretty tired and am glad i have the house to myself until tomorrow afternoon - DH and David are up in Portland at the Blazers/Warriors playoff game. I'm sure they are having fun!  I shall enjoy having the bed to myself and sleeping right in the middle of the bed if I want!

Tammy

Mariposai

I ran a race today and put it in the race thread, so won't repeat much here.

I'm pretty tired and am glad i have the house to myself until tomorrow afternoon - DH and David are up in Portland at the Blazers/Warriors playoff game. I'm sure they are having fun!  I shall enjoy having the bed to myself and sleeping right in the middle of the bed if I want!

You rocked that race. I am so proud of you!!!

Enjoy your ME time and yeahhh. a bed to your yourself is always fun too.

Did I say how proud my mariposa wings are for what you did today?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

thanks so much Nancy! I appreciate your support and enthusiasm for my race. My hip flexors are pretty sore, so it'll be interesting to see if i can get out of bed tomorrow or if I just lay there and hog the bed all day 

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Yep. I do that in our house as well. DW can't stand the smell of the cleaner in an enclosed space.

(well thats what she SAYS anyway)

Congratulations on the PR and 2nd AG!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Congratulations, Tammy!  Excellent race!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth