Masters Running

"Welcome to December!" Daily 12.1.12 (Read 346 times)

King of PhotoShop

Tramps, I'm sorry. I was never a dog person. Now I have one. Now I get it.

CNY, thank you.  I know I belabor all this but trail work is good work for any runner, almost like hills.  Putting aside my whining, everyone who wants to develop as a runner should consider trail work for the strength AND for the cardio effort. Listen to CNY. Frank Shorter's famous quote, "hills are speedwork in disguise" is a good reminder.

runrnut, your pace was just a shade under 7.  Don't let the running log calculator fool you, because it averages up.  A 21:45 is a math perfect 7 minutes a mile.  Well done. Spareribs

TammyinGP

oh Tramps, I'm so sorry. this brings a tear to my eye. She had 16 wonderful yearsand that's a good long life for a dog. However, I know all too well, that a pet's life is never as long as we wish it could be.

Went to a power yoga class today. 2.5 hrs. that was one of the most exhausting workouts I've ever had. I know I'll be sore tomorrow!

Tammy

Henrun

Sorry for your loss Tramps.

Marj did 4 miles while I did the elliptical for 2 days in a row at the Y. Gradual improvement of my ITB but I miss running. But happy to be walking better. Will keep on trucking.

delicate flower

Tramps, sorry to hear about your pooch. 16 years is a good run for a dog and you gave Koko a good life. 4 easy miles for me tonight. 22 degrees "felt like" and it sure did. Saving my legs for a 5K tomorrow, which I'll give everything I have, which of course means three miles of hell. Why do we do it to ourselves!?

<3

evanflein

9.1 miles on the (wait for it...) treadmill in the garage. Plan was 10, but my podcast ended and I just couldn't do any more. Temps are dropping here, it's down to -20° this afternoon. Not much colder in town (-29) which tells me we're losing our inversion fast. Rats.

Jlynne, it's not unusual to have cold like this in November/early December. What sucks this year is that it's been so consistent; usually we get a respite here and there with a few days above zero. Not this year.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I have been known to abuse my treadmill even in nice weather. It depends on if I am in a "don't watch me run" mood. I clearly have issues.Cool

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Bushrat Runner

I feel like a slacker because I've been managing only one run a week...but maybe I should just be happy about it. The past couple weeks I've been managing 15-20 miles of walking per week, plus an hour of swimming, and a long run on the weekend. Today I went 11 miles. The wind was almost calm today, a rare opportunity. It warmed up to 14F, so it felt pretty tropical, or at least quite comfortable. Was cooled way down by the time I finished, but I managed to keep the apparel just right, overdressed a bit at the start, ran much of the way with a jacket tied around my waist, and was really glad I had it to put on the last couple miles...amazing how quick it cools down when the sun goes down...

Marathon Maniac #957

I have been known to abuse my treadmill even in nice weather. It depends on if I am in a "don't watch me run" mood. I clearly have issues.Cool

No, I completely understand.  I feel very self conscious when I run during daylight hours and people can see me.  I prefer to run very early in the morning when it is dark, or at least early enough that no one is out.

Tammy - nice workout!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

....... Why do we do it to ourselves!?

.......'cause if it were Easy, EVERYBODY would be doing it.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....