Masters Running

Kenyans Dominate the 3rd Annual Denver Marathon... (Read 360 times)

Wow Mtnchk1 Mrthnchk1! Seriously, way to go Cindy. Super congrats on your first marathon! It takes a LOT of strength and courage to keep going when things are feeling bad. I hope to meet you out at the winter distance series to give you a well deserved high five! Big grin Great report and loved the slideshow!
    Dave
    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
    --- Clarence DeMar
      The Keynyans may have dominated, but YOU CONQUERED the Denver Marathon Big grin. You did it, you did it, you did it!!!!!!
      Progress Trumps Pefection
        Mile 17, stop & re lace my shoes (dang! it's a long ways down there!)
        During a race! Boy is it ever! LOL Great job raising money for a good cause and for getting yourself through the course with such a great attitude all the way!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Congratulations MARATHONER!!! You preservered and most definitely conquered the Denver Marathon...I have always had so much admiration for those who are able to complete the marathon in 5 or 6 hours as I feel that is as difficult no strike that more difficult than running one in 3 - 4 hours. I just think that it involves such mental toughness which you showed you have. I really enjoyed your report, you really showed what your made of out there. Congrats again, now enjoy that feeling of having completed your first marathon, because we all know there is nothing else like it!! Big grin
            Congratulations, mtnchk the marathoner. You sure toughed it out in spite of that nasty ankle but you whipped it and the course. Now take care of yourself and come back strong. Way to go. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

First of all, for those of us who are reading this in small increments during stolen moments at work, maybe next time you do a little more paragraphing....... Big grin But anyway, WAY TO GO MARATHONER!!! I truly believe it's a lot tougher doing a marathon for those that are out there longer, and with your ankle giving you grief, that's so hard. Way to tough it out - GREAT JOB!! Nice slideshow, btw....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Top 'O the World!

Thanks guys! Smile I'm still being a little mental...I think you're giving me waaay too much credit Blush but THANK YOU! Holly; I kinda thought I was putting in "breaks" but it didn't post quite that way...thought about going back in to fix it...just didn't get around to it...
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It takes a lot of guts to get in marathons with time limits, especially when you’ve never done 26.2 miles before, being at the start with that queasy feeling not sure you should be doing it at all, but you made the midway and hit the finish line much faster than several of mine this year. Oddly enough, while the Kenyans were running in Colorado, probably in their sponsors’ new shoes, two California brothers were winning the Duke City Marathon in Albuquerque, New Mexico last weekend too without them! http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=90361182

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)