Masters Running

sub 2 hour 1/2 still eludes me (Read 316 times)

coastwalker

Hi Denise,

I'm so sorry that you missed your goal time, but you were soooo close! Being dehydrated can certainly make a big difference in your performance in a race, so I'd call that the culprit.

Next November, I hope you'll come to our Seacoast Half Marathon in Portsmouth (always on the Sunday of Veteran's Day weekend). We don't have Katherine Switzer or Mainerunnah, but there are 6 well-run waterstops, and it is a beautiful course.

Next half? How about the Half in Hampton (NH) in February? It's a nice course, without too many hills. I'm doing my best to get back in shape for that race, and it'd be a delight to meet you there.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

thanks Jay -- the half at hampton and the seacoast half sound great!!  i really do love the 1/2 distance - find it challenging and helps me keep up with some medium/long run but not as taxing as training for a full marathon.

denise

King of PhotoShop

Denise, you should be very confident of running 1:57 or so next time out, if you will plan to run a couple of early very off-pace miles.  You could do 9:30's and still do it.  Your fast early miles were the biggest issue in this race, and to pull a 2:02 out of it despite that is pretty good I would say.  If I were you I would be looking for the next one and sign up fast as I can.  And then make sure you run it alone.  Good luck. Spareribs