Masters Running

Sunday 11/21/21 (Read 42 times)

enkephalin welcome back!

Jlynne thank you. Good to be running again and with time to post.

Holly S. how did you have time to cook all that!

tetsujin209 I wonder what the rules are if a car gets trapped like that. Can you call a tow truck and force those squeezing you in to pay?

I was set to post more but DW waylaid me about Thanksgiving day menus. Yes plural. We have a post turkey trot brunch at our house. Then dinner. We will have a dozen or so people for brunch and seven for dinner. As usual, I will be doing most of the cooking. The biggest challenge will be to keep the turkey in the brining bucket under 40°. The bucket is too large for our refrigerator or even our coolers. But it may be cold enough at night that leaving it outside will work.

In running news, I got in another 5 mile run and appear to be no worse for wear.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujin209 I wonder what the rules are if a car gets trapped like that. Can you call a tow truck and force those squeezing you in to pay?

Twocat - everywhere might be different but, if two cars came in and parked behind and in front of me the way I parked in between them so I couldn't get out, since there's no minimum distances between cars in parallel parking, unless I could prove by their texts or something I could prove in court that they intentionally parked so as to block me in, I couldn't get them to compensate costs of getting me out.  Neither would they get any tickets for obstruction without proof that they knew or should have known under a reasonable person standard that they were blocking me and, better yet, whew, I can't sue myself about it.

However, same as proof of an adjacent car scratching up the side of your car in parking lot angle or head-in parking, damages can be awarded for scratching up another car's bumpers but, knowing how close it was going to be, how fragile modern bumpers are and not knowing if the other owners might be watching my parking performance, I was extra careful not too.

ps tramps - in case you didn't stay up

until your midnight last night,

I fortunately did make it to our 9pm

to see hear the Kraken's six game

losing streak come to an end.

ps - it doesn't matter one-way-or-the-other

and, if I were a nicer guy I probably

wouldn't even mention it but,

though still solidly in last place

while your Caps are in first place

in their respective divisions,

it seems the Kraken have won

both of the first games of two

they will be having against

the Capitals and Sabres

each this year, I think.

May be an image of text that says 'Capitals (11-2-5) Kraken (4-12-1) Team WSH SEA Automatically pin future games'

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

A kid or a dog?     

Yay for Bioguy!!

It was the unruly one who drools and eats everything in sight. That really doesn't narrow it down does it?  It was DD#2's beagle, Honey. She was gone for hours until she went to a neighbor's to see what they had on their grill.

JLynne - Stringing Christmas lights does have it's ups and downs. Are you pulling Wanda Wonka duty this year?

KSA - What is up with your Unemployment claim?

Rochrunner  - The Italian parking!!!

We're just having our usual foursome here for Thanksgiving on Thursday. I remember last year when we did a delivery/carry-out dinner for my DS and MIL. Anyone else having a small or large crowd at their place?

We don't know what's happening with Thanksgiving.

SIL # 4 and her family are out. Our vaccinated nephew tested positive. GS#1 and GD#1 tested negative but have low fevers. DS# only and DIL are hunkering down again this year.

Dnaff - Hopefully you shake it off some.

I miss HopesMom.

Any word on Tom White?

MurrayM - People like us usually don't learn a lesson until there's an injury. Good on ya.

Tramps - 19 miles is incredible when your "meh".

Mrrun - Sweet 6 - both for mileage and table settings. It's good news about Sarasota!

Holly's making me hungry.

Moebo -  a 37 year streak is impressive.

WildChild and the 1/2 mary!!!

MikeE - Busy day!!!

Yay for Riley cross training!!!

It's always a pleasure to have Quickadder pop in.

Falcon Fixer is in da house!

136 rain free workout days for Tet!! Wow!

TwoCat - Good fiver.

I ruined the glowing stuff for this years batch of reindeer food. Darn it. The indoor humidity made the candy part start melting again. I but it in the oven at 200 for 1/2 an hour and it's wrecked.

I put a 23.99 lb turkey in the brine early. I could not find peach juice for the life of me so we're soaking it in mango and amaretto. It's supposed to be on the smoker for 1/2 an hour per pound. Stop by for left overs.

I got the camper ready for a staycation over the weekend.

Made fajitas and had MIL over for dinner.

I put in 2.23 miles in the dark and snowing.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

It was the unruly one who drools and eats everything in sight. That really doesn't narrow it down does it? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."