Masters Running

Sundaily 5.27.18 (Read 39 times)

spacityrunner

2 easy early evening miles filled with spider webs and one snake sighting.

Trails Rock!

2 easy early evening miles filled with spider webs and one snake sighting.

that ain't what it takes to love me

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 8 miles.

That's all I got.  See ya!

Howdy Do, Everyone -

SteveP - Those pups are so happy!  Any update on Mia's future?  I can't believe Noah is 10 yo.  Where'd the time go?

Good news about Posie Lady's knee!

Yesterday, I did 10.5 at Headwaters.  I was supposed to do 12, but I strained the top of my foot again, it wasn't feeling very good Friday, and by the time I got to the top of Headwaters, it was not happy.  I took my shoe off to look at my foot, half expecting to see some bruising.  So I took my time going back down the 2 miles and took it easy the remaining 3 miles back to the car.  Icing and ibu seemed to have done the trick because it felt good today.  I may have been overly cautious, I am paranoid about hurting myself again.

Since The Hub has gotten into getting to know Humboldt County more and doing some short hikes, I bought "Humboldt Hikes - 101 Shorter Day Hikes, Urban and Road Walks.  We drove southeast about 2 hrs today and hiked to the top of Black Lassic.  At almost 5,900 feet in elevation, it's not anywhere near Wildchild's elevation, but for us sea levelers - we felt it.  The hike isn't particularly technical, but it's steep with pretty loose footing. There's 2800 ft of elevation gain in about half a mile or so.  Considering my lack of gracefulness and agility, I had to pay pretty good attention to where I was walking.  I haven't pulled the pics off my camera yet, but this stock photo is pretty good.  It was a full, clear 360 degree view at the top.  Absolutely stunning.

Image result for mt lassic photos

Tomorrow will be some yard work as I continue to clean up a flower bed mess I let get out of control the last couple of years.

Okay - I'm ready to hit the hay and read for awhile.  Nite ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie; hike Skunk Cabbage at 2 or 3am. Listen for creepy screams and grunts. It's loads of fun when the scream is only like 100' away in the dark; and you're more than 2 miles up the trail from your car. 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

I may have been overly cautious, I am paranoid about hurting myself again.

Oh boy, I know that song! I got up this morning and the ankle was still twingey, so decided even though I really wanted another 40 mile week, I'd pull the plug and settle for 29. So, no run today, at all. Just spent too much time on the injured list earlier this year to risk it again. Spent the day cleaning our apartment downstairs, trying to get it ready to rent again. We got the new fridge from Lowe's and had DS1 come help move the old one out to the garage and get the new one in the apartment. We'll get it installed tomorrow, I'm exhausted tonight! Need to plant some stuff though.

Leslie, that's pretty cool about going on the hikes with Shorty. Nice way to get to know your own backyard!

Holly, don't have garden envy. It's probably a good idea to take a break. I always jump into it pretty full speed ahead, and by late Juy/early August, I'm pretty tired of it. This year will be smaller, just because it's so late and the nurseries didn't even have the starts I wanted when I was shopping. I'll go back maybe tomorrow and look for some other stuff.

Yikes, Liz, on the snake sighting. NO thanks.