Masters Running

Mid-week, mid-month Wednesday, 8.15.12 (Read 371 times)

Found $20 on the ground this morning.  Hey everyone, I'll buy the pizza!

SuWEET!!

Thought some of you might enjoy this video.  As Byll would say, "Religious content," but also an all around wonderful message.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat that training stuff sure does work miracles!  Congratulations on the speedy workouts.

Tramps you and SteveP both might want to consider roads.  Very few spiders can span one with their web.  As for SteveP if you work on your speed then when you run on a road AvengerDooggie would not have to drag you on a leash and could let you run free!  Big grin

Spareribs I am going to go with the view that we just pay more attention to when the good guys get struck than when the bad ones do.  It does suck.  I lost a wonderful friend to brain cancer last year.  My DW lost a good friend of hers to a brain aneurism.  Nature's randomness just seems so unfair sometimes.

breger1 where did you read that the NYC Ironman was done for?

tselbs and evanflein  aging parents are rough to deal with.  Good luck with caring for your mom.  Look forward to seeing your kids.

Jlynne last year I totally gave up on comparing my current times with those from five years ago.  Like you, I just give thanks that I can run again and just keep hoping it does not stop!  As Yoda might say, "Happy I am!"

Econo I am not so big on pizza.  Can you just send me a check?  As you know it would be economically way more efficient than sending me a pizza!  Wink

Today was a no running day seeing as yesterday was one.  Instead it was an hour on the elliptical.  Very exciting.  Tomorrow if all goes well I have 13 on tap.  In the good weather news department, it looks like that if it does rain this Saturday it will be very early in the morning (before 6am even).  Since I have to have my grill and smoker up and running from about 1 to 5pm that is really good news!  Plan B was to just break down in tears.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

7 with the middle 3 @MP.  Thanks for the pizza, Econo!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Glad you liked the pizza, Karl & Leslie. Life is good. Nice hot day here, finished a HUGE project at work (accreditation report; ugh), and picked some blueberries. Got a purring cat on my lap as I type this out on the iPhone. Hey Twocat, in lieu of cash, here's a cat-hug from Viktor (whom I just adopted this last Saturday). Steve, pls tell Avenger Doggie that Ben is enjoying his summer off and working part time at the library shelving books. A JOB! I'm so grateful!
          SteveP

Very cool

SteveP

Bushrat Runner

No running yesterday or today...went with some friends for a quick overnight visit to some friends at Denali. Haven't ever done that before, it was fun, just happened to have good weather for the trip.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0EbNt0baZq6qx0XUZzE24MdYXfSzHmQ6http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0EbNt0baZq6qx0XUZzE24MdYXfSzHmQ6i

Now off to backcountry, looks like next week to write up the Valley Road Run...and probably next week for resumption of running as well given my schedule this week.

Good runs all...

Erika, I only dream of running those paces.

OM, I've run sub-4 a few times. Based on training you are listing, you are definitely a sub-4 sort, otherwise you are training way too fast...so if you aren't training way too fast you should have no trouble with that time goal unless you don't taper properly.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

OM, I've run sub-4 a few times. Based on training you are listing, you are definitely a sub-4 sort, otherwise you are training way too fast...so if you aren't training way too fast you should have no trouble with that time goal unless you don't taper properly.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm putting complete trust in my coach, who I finally am feeling comfortable with, after working with him for these past four months. And being the diligent and conscientious sort, I don't do anything without running it by him first.... so here's to continuing to feeling good and strong.

Of course he knows nothing of my Monkey-related plans.... and that's how that will stay!

Econo, so glad to hear Ben is doing well and has a job! Enjoy your new kitty Smile