Masters Running

Saturday Runs, Christmas Tree Falls and Such (Read 342 times)

Sending resting and sleeping well vibes to Eliz and Deez4boys---you are both my heroes for all that you do for so many others---Job or no! Hang in there ladies

My Will knocked over the Christmas tree when he was 2 years-old---trying to eat a Blues Clues ornament that did look like a cookie. He was an always hungry toddler....Sorry about that JLynne, but glad all is well now

Great photo Tramps. No snow here yet and the forecast keeps changing. We may be too far North and near the Berkshires to get serious stuff. Sounds like PDR and WRFB are making the best of it as well. 

19 miles of constant conversation and good running with Iron J for me. We ended up at 8:15 pace probably because we were gabbing so much and catching up. We ran at about 11 am and it was 18º , so more mile than degrees.

Santa hats on babies are always cute and giggle worthy. 

Stay safe and warm if you are riding out the storms

My 5K race was fun today.  22:50 (7:22), 1st in AG - which is not saying much for my AG.  I think i coulda pushed a little harder as I felt fine after.  7:30, 7:24, 7:08 and whatever for the last 1/10.  This time was almost exactly what my last 5K was in June.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

Twocat,   tap tap tap....,  what do we have to do to get more pictures?

Just have to belly dance for him. 

Now, seriously, those pictures were amazing. Wow. What a neat experience that would be to stay in a ecolodge. I have been in the Amazon rain forest and I know they are almost surreal. I wonder how they would compare to the one twocat is enjoying. How many birds have you been able to identify so far? What about wild animal sightings...

12 miles at 1pm today in 2:05 minutes. 1:30 hr easy then the last 35' at MP and it felt good.

Now off to the symphony.

Oh, congrats to BQBill...way to go with the 1AG.

Only my Karin would run 19 miles at 8:XXX while chatting away.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

My 5K race was fun today.   1st in AG 

Bill

Woo Hoo! WTG Bill.....fun, hardware, running fit.....now what were you saying earlier this week? Nice running and great splits!

evanflein

Great race Byll! I knew you'd do well. That time off proved to be a nice rest for your legs.

Nice long runs for CNY and Mariposai! And Jlynne on the treadmill, too! Hey that Christmas tree story (and CNY's comment) reminded me of how my mom used to put the tree in the playpen when my brother was a toddler. We have a picture of him hanging on to the net wall, gazing at the tree... funny. My parent also had problems with a few kittens crawling into the tree... the playpen stopped them, too. Ah, the things parents have to come up with.

Cute baby avatars!!

We had our 5" of snow earlier this week, and then the temperature fell through the floor. It was -30 when I left for my haircut at 8:15 a.m. Warmed up a bit to -22 this afternoon. These are downtown temperatures, in the valley. Up at our house it's a balmy -14 this afternoon. Roads and bikepaths got plowed today, so I might run outside for a bit.

Today's run was 6.85 miles in an hour while watching "Chopped" on the Food Network at the gym, followed up with 120 crunches on the stability ball (4 x 30). "Chopped" is a fun show... we don't have cable at home so it's always a treat to watch these other stations when I'm there. During the ad breaks I switched to CNN and all the news was about the storm on the East coast. Be careful out there, you guys!!

Back from the city safe and sound.  Concert was really fun.  About of half of the ticket-holders for what would have been a sold-out house actually came, and they were extremely appreciative.  About 20% of the singers were missing, which made the singing more fun.  (I like singing in smaller choirs better anyway.)  The orchestra conductor was pleased with the result.  I'm so grateful to be vocally healthy and singing really well these days.

And I discovered that YAKTRAKS ROCK!!!!    I can't wait to get out there and run in them tomorrow!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I'll second the "cute baby avatars" comment.

My running week was sorta lost in a bunch of trips down to the city, but I did manage a 19:25 5k at the Albany Winterfest race....AG place is sketchy since I left soon after the race ended. I got there about 10 minutes before the start....just enough time to do some stride-outs and get my HR rate up.

I envy your long runs, Karin. I'd like to do one tomorrow but it ain't happenin'....I need to go Xmas shopping. I haven't bought a thing yet.

Congrats on your AG win, Bill.

Good luck to those in all of the snow....lloks like we're missing the brunt of the storm.

Walt