Masters Running

Tuesdaily, June 25, 2019 (Read 41 times)

Joe618

Oh, dg, so sorry!  Yikes.    Way too much tripping here.    Rule #2...so moved. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dg - no particular reason but were you

not looking down far enough down at the ground

maybe trying to adjust something when you tripped?

tetsujin209 I am going to Idaho with my DW to hike and raft with Mariposai and her DH. Do you have any good Idaho stories you can make up? We are looking for a good adventure, but not stuck overnight in the wilderness. 

Twocat - checking with erika, spacity, dg, holly, dnaff, fatozzig, tramps, mariposai, and just about everyone else running herein, including you and with henrun, marj, joe, paul, roch, mikeE, and all the other vacationers, including you, and falcon, KSA, C-walker, etc. business travelers, including you, even if it’s the highest water of the century with hungry grizzly bears and grey wolves waiting along the shore for someone to tip over, you’re probably safer doing most anything other than running, . . . unless it’s the white water rapids on the Snake River, . . . but I’m sure Posie wouldn’t take you there.

ps - I also recommend caution if posie characterizes any hike as "easy."

pps - great running rule no. 2, . . .
      as long as it doesn’t apply to trail running.
      ten miles on the bike sounds pretty lame
      but it wasn’t and, at my age,
      nothing is.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

That's right, Tet, at your age, nothing is lame. Except tripping.

This is the first time I've ever tripped by getting feet tangled up with someone else (really, no other way to say it), and before now my trips have all been over roots or rocks on trails (so, worth it in a way). Rule #2 would need lots of exceptions.

Dg!! Don't do that is all I can say. When did that happen, today? Goodness grrlfren, be careful!

6.3 miles this afternoon. Knee is sore but feels bruised and is a little colorful, but I'm sure it's ok. Hand tolerated the run ok but sure got sweaty. They say I need to keep this dry so cautions about showers, doing dishes (heh, don't think I'm not taking advantage of that one!!), etc, but what about getting all sweaty? They didn't say. So. I did.

Dr visit went well! No surgery needed, he said everything looked well aligned and in place. Will wait a week for the swelling to go down and get it x-rayed again to make sure nothing has shifted, then a cast for 4-6 weeks. So, yay for that!

Quick post before I go to bed to finish a book. I haven't read the daily because it is just like going down a rabbit hole when I start going back to see what happened that I missed.  MrStarr just got back from mowing 10 lawns (rentals and neighbors).  He has a great big mower so that makes it easier.  He had to get a sub for his bus route so he could take the afternoon off.   The book I am reading is Twelve Patients - Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Dr. Eric Manheimer.  The tv show "New Amsterdam" is based on the book.  I learned a lot and there were good stories involving immigrants and their stories, plus his own health and cancer diagnosis.

We we got back from vacation "Up North" on Saturday and got most of the laundry done, now to get the other stuff put away, pay bills, yuck.. I ran a couple of times but did not get any swimming. The water temp was 65 - just the same as the air temperature. Lots of shopping and card games.  We had 49 people this year, up from 27 people 24 years ago when my family started having a summer reunion every other year.    The fishing was so-so, MrStarr had to release his big (30") Northern Pike.  Keepers have to be under 24" or over 36". He said it was fun to catch it though.  We kept watch on two eagles nests, both had young eaglets that the adults were feeding.  I also lovel watching (and listening) to the loons, the mamas had 1 or 2 babies on their backs, too cute!

Ok, I ran the trail over the grade and through the campground, 2.5 miles both last night and today after work.  I even made it to a salad supper On time.   This getting back into running is so hard for me but if I run this route five times a week I am sure my stamina will improve.  My foot hurt a bit and then my ankle,,,maybe I will take tomorrow off and bike instead.  Oh, we had a class on the beach last Friday and I really liked it.  Does anyone here do Qigong?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Yay for no surgery!

5 nu shu miles (I scored a pair of Skechers MaxRoad at Ross for $30!)

Progression run; started at 8:30 and took 15 seconds off each mile. I was pretty close to doing it right because my end avg time was 7:56.

Very happy to get new shoes, I am almost at retirement for a couple pairs in my rotation and I didn't want to pay full retail like a sucker. And this is my favorite shoe in their line-up. Now I am cursed (haunted?) and will be stopping in at the other Ross stores in my area (there's like 6-7 in a 10 mile stretch along the highway) to see if any of the other stores have more pairs.

That sucks about the tripping, been there and done that, a lot.

I wish this rule #2 was decreed a year ago, I've had two bloody falls and one forward judo/aikido roll because there was no rule. However, according to car commercials, rules are meant to be broken. Should I listen to the wisdom of car commercials, or follow the rules?

Related image

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying