Masters Running

Twilight Trail 7.4 mile race (Read 231 times)

Mariposai

Love this report. It seems like you had fun and love the fact that you protected the garmin in a plastic bag. Great report Sue, great race!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Sometimes you run a race not for time or glory but just for guts, and this one seems like the one for you. 7.4 is not a recognized distance, nor are rain, mud and difficult conditions, but you persevered and appeared to have had an enjoyable and well-earned experience. (Nice going matching purple to things too. White is about all you can do with that color. I am impressed.) Spareribs
      HermosaBoy

There were 40 student masseuses waiting in tents at the finish line offering free massages. What a fine way to end a wet, soggy race. The two students that worked on me kindly wiped off my muddy legs and then gave me a nice 15 minute massage - heavenly!!
        Enough said!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

very cool - great time in tough conditions!! i like the sound of that 7.4 mile distance - must have felt GREAT to have that massage afterwards..........hope you're nice and dry and basking in the finish!!

denise

Nice racing and you are tough----20 miles around the track, leaping over rocks and muddy trails like a gazelle (who needs white socks anyway), forging a path into the wind and not finishing anywhere close to last. Good running! The post race massage sounds perfect too. High five! Karin/CNYrunner