Masters Running

Terrific Tuesday, August 17 Daily ...... (Read 371 times)

Many years ago when I was a fledgling lawyer, a legal service colleague (about 5 feet even and 90 lbs) who worked in western MA with me was dating a lawyer at a big Boston firm.  She got a bat in her apt. one night and called him to get advice. 

He told her to shut the door to the bedroom (where the bat was) to contain it.  She did that. 

He told her to put on a shower cap so the bat wouldn't get in her hair.  She did that. 

He told her to put on her old long robe over her clothes.  She did that. 

He told her to put on her running shoes.  She did that. 

He told her to get her tennis racket.  She did that.

He told her to go into the bedroom and open the window, then stand on the bed, with the tennis racket.  She did that.

He told her to swing the racket toward the bat to try and get it out the window.  She did that.

The bat by this time was terrorized and hid from her, far from the window.  Irately, she asked him if he had any idea of what he was doing. 

"No," he admitted, "but I'm having a heck of time imaging you right now."

Ladies and Gentlemen, she did not marry him.  She married a legal service paralegal.  There are myriad reasons why we mistrust the private bar; this is just one.

grins,
    A

Masters 2000 miles
    lamerunner

Greetings. Hey, not all the private bar is bad... I have never tried to dispense bat advice.  Great story though!!  Long couple of days in court actually, trying to deal with an opportunistic broker claimant ina real estate/bankruptcy deal.  Always something!

8  miles this morning, kind of humid but ok.  Busy lately with work and DS soccer stuff. He was in a little tournament in Scarborough, Maine this past weekend. I ran 14 Saturday afternoon, mostly on the Eastern Trail but some on roads (the trail does not go as far as maps suggest), in warm but breezy conditions.  6.5 on Sunday and rest yesterday.

Too far behind to comment much... good running to all!

wildchild

Carolyn

I went for another awesome trail run in Golden Gate Canyon State Park on the way home tonight. 5.1 miles in 64 minutes.  These trails weren't quite as steep as the ones I posted pictures of on Sunday, but plenty of up and down.  I ran on the Mountain Lion trail and Burro trail but didn't see any of either  (although there was a notice at the trail head that mountain lions were active in the area.) Boy howdy, I sure love trail runs.

It was a beautiful evening and DH was nice enough to get his own dinner and let me run late.    The last quarter mile or so was downhill on a fairly smooth dirt service road, and I ran pretty much all out.  My Garmin said my fastest pace was 6:50.  Some of you run 5Ks faster than that, and probably not all downhill! 

DH and I are flying east tomorrow and will help DD move into her dorm at Cornell on Friday. I'll try to check in if I can.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Maniac 505

I have a Honda CR-V that I am really happy with.  I had a tough choice between a Rav 4 and a CR4,  I asked the sales man "which one has the most cup holders?  it was a tie. 22 MPG Mostly highway after 12,000 miles.  I am happy

Hey All -

No run this a.m.  I'm coming down with the same crud my buddy, Denise, got this past weekend.  Keeping fingers crossed it stays a cold and doesn't morph into the full blown chest-rattling, loogy producing disease she has.  Am going to just take it easy this week and see how it all plays out.

Have been reviewing Consumer Reports re vehicles.  Anybody have a small SUV or a Nizzan Maxima size vehicle they like?  I want something with cargo space, comfort for the back seat sitters, decent mileage, and power to get up a hill when loaded down.

The Hub finally told me today he's had a headache ever since the accident.  But will he see a doctor? No.  Men.

Slo - I'll have to view the video when I have speakers.

Later, friends ~