Masters Running

Wednesday 10/10 No Sun Again (Read 38 times)

3.25 EZ just to have a run every day this week

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After a weekend of rain and a little more, the sun is back for a predicted two weeks to end just in time for this year's Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run on 10/27 so enjoyed a morning detour for some surf'n'turf beach and grass running under and on golden leaves of autumn

Otherwise, the city's tearing up one of the few forested parks along the way for the new Light Rail that's already usurped the floating bridge express lane used for the Seattle Marathon for the last 20 years and I didn't give any money to the unemployed derelict in the office entre or the young guy and gal wanting cash for drugs, I mean because she said she was pregnant and couldn't work plus answering the scam call that turned out to be for the Fireman's Fund that just funds other existing legitimate charities. Just call me "Scrooge."

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I just got home from our conference meet.  We did not do well.  It was cold and rainy and just plain miserable out there.

I took off work at noon so I could get my run done before the meet.  1 mile warm - 9 mile tempo run in 59:26 - 1 mile cool down.

Okay—gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, I'm about 180 miles due north of where Hurricane Michael is hitting Florida.  All we've gotten is some rain and some occasional gusts of wind, nothing too bad here.  Aircraft are either hangered (three spots) or chained down on the ramp (with relatively heavy fuel loads).  Actually feels safer than what we do with our tankers.  Those can't be chained, but they carry a LOT more fuel.  Even at that, the wind can push them around some.  Anyway, I broke Twocat's #1 rule (by design, I enjoy running in the rain) with a 5.2 mile run in the rain after work.  Just under a 9 minute pace.  Fun run.  No lightning which is always nice.  Also the new tires arrived for my road bike.  They have red sidewalls which go nicely with the red accents on my mostly white road bike.  It's the little things.

Have a great night everyone!

TammyinGP

My little 2 mile run at home after work is hardly noteworthy, but if I don't post about it, it didn't happen. and I want those two miles to count.

night!

Tammy

Mariposai

My little 2 mile run at home after work is hardly noteworthy, but if I don't post about it, it didn't happen. and I want those two miles to count.

night!

Way to go sistahh. Way to go with your 2 miles today.

Remember, EVERY mile is a gift!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Also the new tires arrived for my road bike.  They have red sidewalls which go nicely with the red accents on my mostly white road bike.  It's the little things.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."