Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.1.13 (Read 42 times)

TGIF indeed!  Looking forward to that extra hour this weekend.

{{{Divechief}}}  did anything precipitate that?  Scary!

We only got one kid at our door, if you don't count my own kids that came around with their friends.

I'll do the club run tomorrow.  I need to start training.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey jay - out here, it’s 11:11:11 on 11/11/13

reminds me of when I was at mile 10 of the Spokane Marathon at 10:10:10 on 10/10/10

Lots of "1" in today's date.

Thanks for ilene's Intrepid tramps.

I got diverted to some real life from running around Carkeek Park all day long but look forward to the marathon reports from Manchester (with Kathrine Switzer who i'm looking forward to meeting at next year's Yakima River Canyon Marathon), NYC, Moab, and Indianapolis to say nothing of OM's trifecta..

ps - gotta love the goddess’s summery avatars

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Ran intervals with the big dogs last night (community track workout, that draws a BIG range of people)...in my witch costume, but was disgruntled with myself because I had forgotten my broom.  Just left it at home.  (It's a nice lightweight broom, appropriate for running intervals).

We need to see a picture of this.

The Moab girls are going to have a blast!

We had about 30 kids or so, I did not count them. I do have a sweet story of one of the kids to share when I have the time.

No running yet, it was 20F this morning and I did not want to torture my lungs with such a cold weather when I am not training for anything in particular. I did hit yoga mat for some yoga and upper body weights.

(((divechief, how are you feeling today)))))

How is Pickles?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Holly:  so glad you left early enough that all that travel silliness could be worked out.

RE: trick and treaters,  Since I moved out of my parents house,  I have never lived anyplace that got even 1?

Thanks for the thoughts all,  Enke,  Nothing that I know of caused it.  I had very little sleep the previous 48 hours,  google says that should not have been an issue.  I had felt just a little "off" for the last few days,  maybe a weird virus?  I'm just making that up so I don't really know.  blood pressure is still really high,  I have an appointment with my normal doctor this afternoon.

Fortunately I never call in sick at work and I have over 1500 accumulated hours of sick leave so it is much more important to get this sorted out then to get back to work quickly.

Singer who runs a smidge

reminds me of when I was at mile 10 of the Spokane Marathon at 10:10:10 on 10/10/10

Wow, it's 10 days later where you are?  That's some time difference!!  Joking

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

will run for popsicles

i think we're slacking today. perfect opportunity to continue my introductory tour. Say hello to Mo!

Mo says hello

Dave59

i think we're slacking today. perfect opportunity to continue my introductory tour. Say hello to Mo!

Mo says hello

You got some interesting videos there Garbanzo.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Wow, it's 10 days later where you are?  That's some time difference!!  Joking

whoops, make that 11:11:11 a.m. on 11/1/13

Let's try again in ten days, if not tonight (but I don't think jay will be awakie).

Quote from tetsujin209 on 11/1/2013 at 11:11 AM:

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

{{{{dave}}}}

8.5 miles after work today. 4.5 with the Easy Pacer. He wanted to go to the East Side of the river, which I always refer to as my "gifted route"

Now I am famished. What is for dinner?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No run today - 12 hour tough day shift with that pain in my neck/shoulder/back better than yesterday but not great Sad

Running on a relay team Sunday for the Manchester Marathon - hope to see lamerunner and Karin either tomorrow at the expo or at the race Sunday ... I'll be wearing my MVS yellow shirt for the relay instead of our typical MVS red -- they were made up after Boston and will be great as we support our MVS marathoners!!

Divechief - hope you are feeling better!

Holly - crazy travel day - have a great time!!

We have way too much Halloween candy leftover -- we used to get so many kids here, but I guess it's dwindled and I didnt notice because I usually try to work Halloween and let the nurses with little kids enjoy the night off!!  What to do with all this candy???

denise

evanflein

Now I am famished. What is for dinner?

Pan fried top sirloin with mushroom pan sauce and wild mushroom ravioli with steamed veggies, with blue cheese crumbles on top of the steak. Naan and sweet pepper hummus before dinner. THAT's what was for dinner! We were thinking of going out to the comedy night show, getting dinner out, but this was much better. Both of us need to work tomorrow, so good to be home tonight.

Divechief, that's some scary stuff, hope it all turns out ok.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend and glad Holly's trip is back on track. For some reason I thought Orange Mat was doing Moab too... but maybe that's just because she did so many in October, figured she would keep going. (I know, OM... you never get a break, right??)

Ran 4.1 mostly easy miles after work, although the snow sure makes things a little difficult. It's always an adjustment getting used to this crap again. I did realize though, as I felt like I was running in place in the snow on the shoulder of the road, that I have a nice new pair of trail shoes at home... hmmmm, I bet they'd be a lot better than the shoes I'm using in these conditions. Will try them tomorrow!

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - sounds delicious!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."