Masters Running

Friday 1/25/19 (Read 39 times)

evanflein

Oh my you guys are in good form today! Holly, you're too funny. No on the screen saver, please.

tomwhite, I was going to ask what movie it was so I could avoid it. Wasn't planning on seeing that one anyway so that's good. Hope your back is better soon. We're going to "The Favorite" tonight at the Blue Loon. Not sure about the movie, but we'll get burgers and wine with it so that works for me.

Kitties making biscuits! Oh yes we're well aware of that. Emma likes to do it in DH's lap. I'll let you figure out what we call that.   And she's a good one for wanting us to stay in bed all day if she could pull it off. Never seen a cat sleep like that. And she's a young cat, too!

Silicone rings: my son had one for awhile. He still has it, liked it for working out and for his work in the weed industry. He used to work in a grow operation with lots of hooks, cables and pulleys and whatnot. Felt it was safer and more comfortable. Then my MIL gave him and his DW her wedding ring set (my FIL has been gone for years). They're a beautiful gold "comfort fit" wide band set, engraved with MIL and FIL's initials so very sentimental. But yes, those soft rings are popular with the young set.

The gym I used to go to years ago had a few what we called "Leering Larry's" and they'd make working out in the weight room very uncomfortable for awhile. I wonder if they're still there? (nope, no desire to check)

Indoor Tracks: unless we're talking a full 400 meter track, I agree entirely with KSA. Just can't stand them, would rather do the treadmill. Anchorage used to have a full 400 meter track with a soccer field in the middle and tennis courts. Nice facility, till it collapsed under heavy snow load a couple years ago. I think it's back up and inflated again but haven't checked it out. We need one of those here!

Cold temps: ok you boys and girls, deal with it. Especially those of you in Minnesota and Chicago who relish being from a cold area. This is your time to shine! Heh, welcome to my world. I don't envy you guys the windchills though. We rarely get that much wind here and I know it can be brutal. The cold temps though, no biggie. Layer up!

And yes, it's warm and balmy here! My run today was in mid-20's temps and felt great, other than the new snow that made things a little difficult. The snow just is too soft at these temps. I did find some road to run along, and then dealt with the blowing snow from passing cars. But, it was good to get out and ran my 5.5 miles. An hour after I finished the snow started again, looked like a blizzard out there!

bioguy

Unfortunately I woke at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. Work was good but my planned tempo run was a dud- noo oomph.

8 miles total.

Dave59 you win funniest line of the day. Sorry SteveP occasionally that happens.

Silicon rings? Like what is the point? Why bother with the ring at all?

I miss having cats. Although one cat I had would drop on his side and wrap his paws around my ankle. DW and I called them army men. Boy did those claws hurt! Still miss having cats.

Today was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow I try doing an uninterrupted 1 mile run. But you wish you could run that far. You know all at once without stopping. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tom - are the back spasms a new issue?

Did you lift something or stretch too far?

I have women hitting on me all the time at the gym.  They all use the same opening line, "Hey, are you alright?" Should I get some help?".

same as I hear all the time in my triathlons but it's usually

Charles Atlas guys from the high school swim teams.

1.3 miles w/245 stairs + 10 cycle miles
          Took advantage of the continuing spring-like weather not only to venture out under a half moon at j-o’clock for a one mile loop of the perimeter of the Hillside Park to see how few stairs I can include in one circuit (245) and then, after catching up on the missed zzzz’s, followed it up for a first cycle’mute since November across the floating bridges in the morning sun and back in the evening sunset at 50F as everyone continues to wonder what happened to the four months of winter rain we usually experience this time of year here in the PNW.  Somehow, I don’t miss it.

Jeanne - good luck on your new stadium name
          Sometimes I wish Seattleites’d care
          about more things.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Funny thread today --- well except for tomwhite's back spasms - hope they go away quickly!! 

Good luck Twocat!!

Not sure what I did to this knee, but I am annoyed!! Never have had knee issues - not what I need right now!!

Today - computraining strength ride x 1 hour, couple hours later did 2.2 mile run (knee felt ok), Cross-Fit - no jumping for me!! I really think it was all those jump ropes we did Wed that bothered me --- no more jumping for me!!!

Nice dinner with nursing school friends. Think I'll cut back my planned 10 miles tomorrow to maybe half that - we'll see what the morning brings!!  Night friends!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm up way past my bedtime.  I had to stop by Eric's house to help with something, then I went to my granddaughter's basketball game, then, finally at 7:30, I jumped on the treadmill for a 10 miler...yes, the treadmill.  I have never relished living in a cold area and I have never had a desire to shine...I have no idea why I live here.

I hope you feel better soon, TW!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

I miss having cats. Although one cat I had would drop on his side and wrap his paws around my ankle. DW and I called them army men. Boy did those claws hurt! Still miss having cats.

Today was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow I try doing an uninterrupted 1 mile run. But you wish you could run that far. You know all at once without stopping. 

When I was a kid, we had a cat who would hide behind car tires, etc., and when my dad walked by, the cat would jump out, attack an ankle, and run away. Crazy cat.

And I can't believe how many hours ours sleep, especially Goofy.

And yes! I wish I could run that far!    Someday . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance