Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.7.16 (Read 37 times)

moebo

Jay, sorry to hear about your sleep troubles. And Leslie, glad you finally slept last night!

I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, but if I wake up in the middle of the night I have about a 50-50 chance of getting back to sleep again. Last night I went to sleep at 9:30 but woke up at 12:30, 3:00 and 4:00. I didn't bother to even try to get back to sleep after that since I knew my alarm would go off at 4:35.

5 miles for me this morning in 15 degrees. I was slightly under dressed (I was under the impression it was in the low 20s when I got dressed), but not so much that I was really uncomfortable. Had a weird experience: during the fourth mile, my lower left leg started to feel really warm, as if it were wrapped in an electric blanket. It didn't hurt at all (actually it felt really nice), but certainly was disconcerting. This was a first for me--anybody else ever have this happen?

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

One of the benefits of the aging process is knowing I won't have to deal with that kind of stuff, and worse, for fifty more years.

I'll bet ya 50 bucks you're still here.

I drove for about 10 1/2 hours, today; stopped at a hotel where I knew I could get a cheap pasta meal down the road; did a 6 mile run on the hotel treadmill because there's too much dang traffic; went and ate at that cheap pasta place down the road; and now, I'm liying in bed getting ready to try to sleep.  I say "try" because, like a few others on here, I have been having trouble sleeping, as well.  I never sleep through the whole night without having to get up and pee.  And, then...who knows how long it's going to take to get back to sleep....if I ever do at all.  I have found that, if go back to the exact position I was in when I got up, I usually go back to sleep quicker.  The problem is--whatever body part I was laying on, is always sore when I go back to bed, so I usually change positions.  It's a battle every single night.

I received an email from the race director, this morning, warning us that thunder storms are in the forecast for Saturday morning.  He explained their policy that, if there is lightning, they will delay the start of the race...if it is delayed for more than an hour, everybody will have to run the half.  If it's delayed over two hours, they'll call the whole thing off.   We can't say they didn't warn us.

Okay--I guess that's all I got.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck, Mike!  Hope the race goes as planned.  Whatever happens, don't forget this is supposed to be FUN!  Hold onto your bib and RUN! 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Wishing twocat good luck with his test run on Saturday.

Moebo, 15 degrees, wow. Good job in getting it done.

Holly, you are such an inspiration. Busy morning, but still getting a run on the TM.

MikeE, good luck with your run!!! and do what Wildchild said about your bibs.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

After long hours and days invested in doing my agency's budget for 2016, I was finally done with it yesterday. I have never done budgets to the level and complexity of what I need to do for the Housing Authority. I feel very proud of myself for having done it!.

And you should be proud - this is an awesome achievement!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."