Masters Running

Thu Apr 30 Runs and Workouts (Read 519 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I had to re-think that post. Blush

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

I heard the shots were served in Ball Jars though..."cheers" to your Clowning around

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

xor

Gorgeous day here! Did a 2 mile walk. Might attempt a run tonight, not sure.
        Boy howdy, is it ever! I did a 3 mile walk this morning. This afternoon is the next in the series of Jack Daniels ass kickers. 7x1mi cruise intervals (so, at tempo pace) w/ 1 minute recovery. The recovery will help, but tempo pace is still "the pace you could run for an hour"... and at my pace, 7 miles is 50+ minutes of that pace. Oh yeah, it is supposed to be bracketed with 2 miles of easy running on either end. I suspect I will be dragging my sweaty self back home. Maybe I should take my bus pass. And I have to make dinner for the house afterwards. But boy howdy is it ever a nice day for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Boy howdy, it's a nice day here today, too! High 50's and sunny, light breeze. I did a 6.3 mile trail run at lunchtime, avg pace about 10:50.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Oh yes....perfect day in the PNW!!! I was out bright and early ..great view of Mt. Rainier from the trail, did about 7.4 miles about 8:50 pace and after that 10 miles on the bike with DH. I'm off to watch DD first track meet of the season...she'll run the mile and the 800...help .....I know I'll have a Teenager in a bad mood on my hands tonight.... Great runs to all!! Francesca
              I just want to start by saying that if Econo thinks she is going to get me to drink wheatgrass juice she is cotton picken out of her mind! Yech! Tight lipped She is supposed to come by and show me around Eugene a bit before dinner and I am looking forward to the tour. I am also looking forward to seeing if I can stay awake! Today started at 12:30am PDT and it is now past 3pm. Dead Weird being out on the west coast with the thread nearly done for the day. buehrle glad to hear your running is going well and that you do not run over furry critters in the road! Smile biketm if we are ever running together and the speed picks up please either stay ahead or far off to the side! hopeful4ever in some quarters having the energy to bounce around the house sans running would be pretty impressive! Just stay away from those walls! Big grin SueT48 good luck out pack ratting my DW! Your spring time run along the sound, ah err, sounds great! dg. good to read that there was no real damage from your having tripped the other day. EGH3 congratulations on your return to running! Tallrunner good luck to your DD in tonight's competition! Mariposai I suspect that I will unfortunately not get a chance to meet Woods_Lady. FYI it looks like I will be somewhat closer to your neck of the country next fall as I may end up going Seattle for a few days. Stay tuned. Spareribs as of this morning flights around the country seemed to be going smoothly and I hope that holds up for yours as well. CNYrunner college scholarships I take it? Whatever, it is very nice of you to put your time into raising the funds. fatozzig I am not all that sure that what you eat the night before need be critical. Have you tried downing a sports drink say 20 minutes before a run when you think you will be fuel deprived? Typically, that cures any issues I may with with reserves in the morning. Holly S. is this your first time as a pacer? If it is, I can tell you it will be a lot of fun! I have done it for my DW and some friends on occasion and every time I probably had more fun than they did. wildchild nice lunch run. I flew over your part of the country this morning and I cannot believe how much snow there still is! Franc59 yep, on the weather front, so far so good today out here! Now it will just stay that way until Monday so that I have a good day Saturday and the runners here in Eugene have a good day Sunday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

" Runnin in the rain just runnin in the rain what a wonnnnderful feelin just runnin in the rain" First rain run this year where it actually was pleasant. 60 degrees with a steady warm rain. 4.25 miles in 35:30 so just around 8:20 pace. almost MP I had my watch under my jacket and was just running as I felt so I guess I felt like a 8:20 pace. Wink Have fun this wekend Holly Twocat, Have fun tonight but don't over do it on the wheatgrass. Maybe Econo is planning on getting you hyped up on grass and taking ya out for a run. Big grin Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

Weird being out on the west coast with the thread nearly done for the day.
                  Hey Twocat, welcome to my world! I'm an hour behind Pacific time! Hey, it's 70°F now and the sun is shining! If I ignore all the mud and dead grass out there, it's a gorgeous day!
                    TwoCat! Does that mean you will be in Eugene, but not for the races? Nuts! I plan to do the 5K on Sat., and will be hanging out at the Expo Sat. afternoon, and going to the pasta dinner with Econo in the evening. Hope to see you. I will be the old gal towards the end trying very hard not to be last, wanting to run the whole way, but having to walk a lot. having a ball the whole time! Smile MaEcono PS, remind Econo to take that last GU.
                      I was so busy laughing at the Wednesday thread that i forgot it was Thursday. Hopeful - the puppies are so cute!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Daugther did awesome at the Talent Show. She sang a Marianas Trench song. With the speed group tonight 3k w/u 25X400 averaging 1:22 (3:28 pace per k) a few lower a few higher 2X 400 with strider at 3:45 pace then 1X400 at 4:20 pace with the girls then 3c/d back home Time to eat.... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

xor

She sang a Marianas Trench song.
                          That's deep.
                          This afternoon is the next in the series of Jack Daniels ass kickers. 7x1mi cruise intervals (so, at tempo pace) w/ 1 minute recovery. The recovery will help, but tempo pace is still "the pace you could run for an hour"... and at my pace, 7 miles is 50+ minutes of that pace. Oh yeah, it is supposed to be bracketed with 2 miles of easy running on either end. I suspect I will be dragging my sweaty self back home. Maybe I should take my bus pass.
                          Done. 13ish miles total. I didn't even have to ride the bus. Weee.

That's deep.
                            Okay. Had to look that one up. {snork!} Twocat - I haven't tried downing a sports drink being running in the a.m. Will have to give it a try next time. Was just trying to find some good excuse for feeling like crap this morning. But I guess like Ribs said, some days you have it, some you don't. Big grin

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

6 pokey slow not feeling so great miles. Confused tomorrow I'll rest then mentally get myself psyched up for 5 mi+ on Saturday and 15 on Sunday. I think that'll call for TWO glasses of chocolate milk! Wink

Tammy

SteveP

4 good miles sounds sweet buehrle Yeah Craneium posted!!!!! Holly, with the swine flu thingy, is the Flying Pig Half Marathon a good idea? Kewl Tall...Love the kids' talent shows I ain't scared of no clowns

SteveP