Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 11.20.17 (Read 38 times)

Denise - I forgot to mention - my chiro is using the cupping method for my butt issue.  It's made a HUGE difference.

YAY!!!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

TW - I think PT-ist is now a word! It's pretty clear what it means, anyway!  Glad your recovery is going so well!

Tramps, I like your not-so-secret goal.  And milling lumber through your shop windows sounds pretty cool!  Although that sounds like a lot of work just so your baseboards won't have joints!

Happy to hear Norm and RunnerKSA had good runs at the Monkey this year!

I think some of the elites who dropped out of a race because they couldn't place might have been doing it to save their legs for an alternate race (Plan B).  But this wouldn't really apply to a marathon, especially one like the Monkey, where there isn't prize money on the line!

I spent all day in town running errands, and planned a short run when I got home.  But the power was out when I got here, so I went for a 2 mile walk instead (I can't shower when the power is out because there's no power to the well pump).  But when I got back from my walk the power was back on!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

mrrun

Only walks today because we had a running club meeting during the day - first included a lovely sunrise.  if you don't take a picture, does the sunrise happen?   the meeting lasted longer then expected, so got caught in traffic going home.

Lamb or anything else - when in doubt, throw it out!  life's too short to take those kind of chances.

tramps - don't increase too fast or be too happy when you see doc/PT - they'll be suspicious....

enjoy the evening!

marj

bioguy

Evening all,

Rest day today. Dentist's appt after work, then home to make dinner for me and my wife.

I teach high school science; AP Biology, freshman biology, forensics, and physics. I am usually in the building a little after 6am, so running the the morning is a challenge, but I have a Black Diamond headlamp that I'm going to use to give it a shot.

Tailwinds!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, always nice to be home.  Only my second time since the beginning of the year (it has been a busy year).  The tankless water heater is out (and DW wasn't happy when I said I've had worse) but the technician is coming with the part even as I type.  Got up early (leave? what leave?) and went across the Tennessee River to Muscle Shoals.  Joined a group of friends there I hadn't seen in a while.  Turned out to be a pretty good-sized group (8 or 9 of us).  I wound up doing 8 miles at an 8:09 pace.  Chilly for us, about 25 deg F.  No wind though so very pleasant after the first mile or so.  Later in the afternoon went for a 2 mile walk with DW.

As I typed the above, the repairman came for the tankless water heater....so now it's fixed, I'm back, but it's a bit later.  Long way to say this will be curtailed (with apologies).

Opus, we'll have to do that.  December will be busy also, but I'm coming back right after Christmas.  Travel to Scott AFB (another conference) early in the month then will be back in Alabama for DS#2's graduation through Christmas.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

DW’s cousin who lives in Richmond sent me the special after the marathon section of the paper with a note saying “you need to come back next year “.  Not sure about that, but there was Mike first in 55-59.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I got nuthin'.

Recovery I guess. Yeah, that's the ticket!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

DW’s cousin who lives in Richmond sent me the special after the marathon section of the paper with a note saying “you need to come back next year “.  Not sure about that, but there was Mike first in 55-59.

Cool!

I came back in to specifically post my 3 miles in light rain (sorry, 2Kitty) just so I make Jay's list tomorrow morning. 

Thankfully, the downpour that was 15 min away at work didn't come toward our house.  I was wet enough just walking from our building to the parking lot.  Actually overdressed for the run.  Could've done it in shorts and been warm enough (61 degrees).

Okay - I'm off to bed to ready for awhile.  Later ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

I got nuthin'.

Recovery I guess. Yeah, that's the ticket!

NICE!!!

Erika, I am with twocat. Lamb has a distinct odor, but NOT that distinct. I hope you make the right decision.

Twocat, how did you do with your to-do list?

Tramps, your not-so secret goal is way too cool.

fatozzig, your post cracks me up.

falconfixer, your second time at home since the beginning of the year? Thanks to your service to our country and a BIGGGGGGG mariposa hug to your wife and family for sharing you to protect our nation.

bioguy, so great to see you posting here. Thanks for teaching your young minds.

As for my butterfly wings, it was working about 12 hours, then I was able to break free to go for a run at dusk. Lovely 6 miler with some strong TLC coming from my headset. Got to love modern technology.

In 5 days I will be in country of origin!!!! Life is good!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard