Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.11.18 (Read 40 times)

C-R

Hey all.

Congrats on the raise and bonus from yesterday.

Sorry about the frustrations Jay. I hope they fade quickly.

Sounds like you have a USB charge type headlamp Karen. I have one of those and love it. $15 on Amazon.

I'm sorry deez. Here's hoping the rest of 2018 improves and quickly for you.

6.5 miles on the dreadmill tonight. Been on the road all day and didn't feel like running in the rain and the dark. Anyways, don't we have a rule about not running in the rain? So perhaps it was right.

Good luck on the new job Mike.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

spacityrunner

Broke 2kitty's rule and did a 2nd run today in the rain.  IF I waited for the rain to stop it would have been cold!  so warm and wet won over dry and cold.  was 60f and raining when I ran...it is now (2 hrs later) 41 feels like 31 and not raining.  BRRRRRR.

Trails Rock!

coastwalker I hope your troubles pass quickly and resolve themselves in the way you wish.

spacityrunner not my rule! It is in the running rule book of rules! Check out rule #1, "No running in the rain!"©

Been a very busy day and I have to get up at 2:40am to catch a flight tomorrow. So this is all there is from yours truly: ran 7 with my training partner today. Tomorrow is her last day on her operation's payroll and then she and her spousal equivalent go to Florida for a week. Then return to CT for a couple of months and then go for good. I am going to miss running with her.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

9.2 @ 7:48

I think I run these longer ones faster because I want to get them over with. Usually start out kind of stiff and achy, and after a half mile feel OK, and after 4-5 miles feel great. I did the last mile at a little faster than 7:00 pace. Around 60 degrees again, clear and calm. We almost always get a "false Spring" in late January or early February, so I might be posting temps of 75-80 in a few weeks.

Geez Deez!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

A cloudy 50

Sure was nifty

So as I ran 4.2 in the pm

I said to myself, Carpe Diem!!

(((Jay, Deeze, Jlynne)))

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another quick post.  Worked an extra "half day" today.  Anyway, got in 8.75 miles.  Temps made it to the 70s.  Monday morning we were in single digits.  And we're about to cold again but it's been a nice break.

Have a great night everyone!

Henrun

A cloudy 50

Sure was nifty

So as I ran 4.2 in the pm

I said to myself, Carpe Diem!!

(((Jay, Deeze, )))

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunchtime then a wet 5 more after work.

possible tornados tomorrow as the front moves through.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mariposai

Broke 2kitty's rule and did a 2nd run today in the rain.  

And you DP KNOW the consequences, right?

Surly Bill, I am with you about running the longer runs faster so you can get over quicker Smile

Henrun, nice run! I am sure you enjoyed your cloudy 50s.

Catwhoorg, be careful with the tornadoes.

MikeE, good luck on your new job! Is this one closer to your house?

Well, my recovery plan is running every other day for now. I ran yesterday, I rested today. I did shovel snow for about one hour as a cross training fun.

With all the new snow we are getting I am longing to go skiing (sad to say that we canceled yet another 4 day weekend of downhill skiing because of my knee injure Sad). I feel bad for my DH. He is missing out on the adventure to Canada to ski as well because of the injury.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

6 easy miles this afternoon.

Paul