Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 10.9.17 (Read 43 times)

Howdy everyone. Holly, I would think that each race has rules about others being on the course and helping. I think a runner should finish on his own to earn an award. Of course I am at the back of the pack.

i got tired of watching the Vikings tonight and came up to read. My friend in Germany has all the students read the same book during the year as part of the eEnglish class.  Last year they read Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.  This year the book is Crooked Lewtter, Crooked Letter by  Tom Franklin.

********interrupted by a text from MrStarr. 10/2 Vikings ********

maybe I should go back downstairs.

Anyway, no running for me today. It was cold 36* and rainy, plus I had two fillings replaced and my mouth was lopsided.Frost warning for tonight. I am ready to give up on the flowers by now anyway.

Tomorrow is disconnecrt day day at the utility Office. I hope there aren't too many that end up cut off. I used to lay awake at night worrying about these poor people. Now I am understanding that so many of them know how to work the system. They can get help from the State, from fuel Assistance funds when available. Then there is the Salvation Army , Catholic Charities LoveINC and Helping Hand. It is sad that's for sure and I hate being the tough guy here but I do and feel pretty awful.  It is the  same people over and over ever month.  So, Ihave that day sandwiched between my dental work today and a root canal in Sioux Falls on Wednesday. I am not complaining, everything can get fixed and I am not facing cancer treatments to live like my coworker.

****17/9 VIKINGS -----, gotta go

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Still  recovering from strained back.

Getting better.

Hope to try running again soon.

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Holly, interesting your finish line post. Not knowing the whole story it is hard to give any opinion.

Skunky57, great job on your half marathon. There is a weekend's race report thread here in the Master's forum where you can share  your race experience in detail.

Opus77, good luck with posting your mile splits, it is so cool that you are the coach for younger generation of runners.

HopesMom, yeap...no running/walking in the rain is the rule...or Twocat will come and fine  you.

Mu buttterfly wings are happy to post 5 miles after work with the DH. We sure have fun running together.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I wonder if Mike is still up?

Football scotpre

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

spacityrunner

Took my guest for a trail run with the trail gang tonight.  She hooked up with one of the faster runners and off she went...only to see her again waiting for me at the finish...she is one speedy runner gal.  Me?  well another slog fest 4 miles in it too way to long but hey, at least I'm out there.  Then we went to see a film (note:  The Hot Springs Documentary Film festival is happening) Kim Swims.  Wow, just wow.  About a ultra swimmer.  Who knew there were ultra swimmers.  Anyway, if you get the chance to see it ever do so!

Trails Rock!

I wonder if Mike is still up?

Football scores 17/17 tie 4th

Qtr

Quickadder

Spunky, Size 12 joined the Chicago RWOL group here. He finished in 5:10:25. Not seen a RR yet.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Mike E

MM #5615

No, I was not up...and it sounds like it's a good thing I wasn't.  We should have killed the Bears.  I did wake up at midnight to check the score...and go pee...

catwhoorg

Labrat

(late post so missed the summary)

5 at lunch, then 8 on my hilly route after work.

Front loading miles this week, in case they do a biopsy on Wednesday (thigh) and force a few days rest

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18