Masters Running

First Friday Daily, 1.4.13 (Read 344 times)

..but I'm down 32 pounds since I started running 4 months ago.

..I THOUGHT your  typing looked Skinnier//................Way to Go

=========

pt xs

double wgt sessions

...............................good running guys

yeah,

I'm running out of GoodLines............so Sue Me.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Rest day today but I did leg strength training and cross country skiing.

That constitutes a rest day?  Wink

I'm in need of a new toothbrush, but since I get (Roll eyes) to see the dentist soon, I'll wait and let them give me one.

Ribs - That sounds like a ton of fun!

Congrats on weight loss, Gordon.

4 miles this a.m. that was a combo of power walking and slow running.  Did my best to channel my inner Jay on the power walking, but boy howdy, keeping up such a speed for a significant distance is tough!  However, I'm thinking I should've stuck to just the walking since I haven't been on my left leg in almost two weeks and my knee was a tad cranky for a short while.  That being said, there was no pain during the workout, but still the knowledge that "something" isn't right.  And now, later in the day, the foot just feels kinda funky.

Also, in keeping with the Plank Challenge: 1 min single leg forward and 30 sec each side.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

I managed to make it home at a reasonable time so I actually ran in daylight. Wooohooo.

4.5 in a very nice 29F + my 2x60 sec plank workout. Not a bad day.

CNY running long and fast.

OM - nice shoe collection. Now if only my DW would see the light.

New toothbrush. Cool.

That sounds intense and fun Ribs.

Awesome lynde. 32 lbs in that time is steady.

Well time for movie night with the kids. Not sure what's on Netflix but it should be good. Popcorn is in microwave.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

7 Miles progressive - 55:31 (7:56 AVG)

8:56 - 8:41 - 8:15 - 8:00 - 7:32 - 6:43 - 7:24

MTA - Did my planks too!

Definitely feeling better but still a little stuffed up, early night tonight I think and then running on the treadmill this weekend to try and keep this cold at bay.

Ribs - that does sound like tons of fun!

TW - Luckily we have an abundance of  extra brushes for our electric toothbrushes n hand s as soon as I am over this cold a new one will go into circulation.  We also put our used ones in one of those ultra violet light things that is supposed to help kill bacteria.

Marathon Maniac #957

32 lbs - nicely done!

Ribs - where do you find places like that?  Sounds like fun!

Only 3 miles and a plank for me this morning.  I decided to go into work early because I am swamped right now, what with the holidays and the office moving, etc.  I get off early on Fridays, but I had three unexpected, unscheduled clients drop by with documents and questions and ended up working later than planned.  By the time I got home, after running several errands, I was no longer in the mood to do the double I had thought I would do.  Undecided

This is the last week I am an hourly employee.  Starting next week we are all salary.  Not a raise or anything, just the work week multiplied by your hourly rate.  However, I have always worked one to three hours extra per week, trying to keep up, but also for the extra money.  Now if I work extra I may find myself resenting it.  I need to work on my thinking.  I have never been salary before, so this will be a change in mindframe.  I will probably still work extra, for the peace of mind it gives me to keep up with the work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Hello. happy Friday. Long strong running  by Karin!

1500 yd swim this morning then 65 minutes of elliptical at lunch and of course my planks....

Knee situation not too good. X rays show essentially no cartilage left in the left knee; this is the knee which had ACL reconstruction in 1999 and apparently the ACl tear hurts the cartilage also.  So almost bone on bone. I am still not clear on what made it act up so much now; I ran a marathon two months ago and I doubt there was much more cartilage then... maybe the skiing?? Kneecap slightly out of alignment too. I got a cortisone shot, which has not done much yet but maybe.  Pretty discouraging, to put it mildly.... I suppose I will need to more fully embrace Biking Ahead or something. Any ideas or knee vibes would be appreciated..   I think my running miles are very limited...

No running again for me today,as well as the next few. I finally had the 3 wisdom teeth pulled today that were causing my ongoing toothache pain. Doc said to lay low on the running and keep exertion down till Monday as not to open up the stitches or clots in my gums.

If I ever do that again I'm going to spend the extra $300 to be knocked out! I opted for the nitrous and it barely had any effect on me. I'm a wimp when it comes to this kind of stuff I guess.

As far of the subject of shoes goes,I've been running in the Asics Cumulus and it seems like I pretty much get sore after about 400 miles. I wish they would last longer,but every time I notice my calf muscles getting sore for no apparent reason I figure out my shoe milage and it's at around 400.

tomwhite can you send me your address so that my lawyer can file and copy you on the paperwork.  Not a big law suit maybe just a half million or so. Wink

No running for me today.  I have a race that I hope to jog on Sunday.  A bit longer than I would like at 10k.  But I figure that if I do not push it all will be fine.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

With one of the larger tuna fish (592lbs) bringing a record $736,000 at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market this morning ($1,247/pound), I decided to stick to the salad bar and fruit plates at the hotel’s all-you-can-eat breakfast smorgasbord with kiwi fruit, banana, mikan oranges, honeydew melon, orange slices and also of pink and regular grapefruit, pineapple, blueberry yogurt from the former and the latter supplying a scrumptious seaweed salad with ponzu/soy sauce dressing, green garden salad, potato salad, smoke salmon and onions, tomatoes, red and yellow green pepper slices, broccoli and califlower bits, cucumber, corn, and purple cabbage.
                    I guess I did sneak in some miso soup with seaweed/onion/tofu, very fecund smelt, salted/smoked mackerel, scrambled eggs with sausage and fried potatoes, natto (fermented soy beans), possibly the best French toast (made from super thick Japanese sandwich bread) I've ever eaten, vinegared apple juice, green tea, rice crispies (with the banana), sesame seed muffin and a blueberry one too, etc.  Fortunately, they are all minisule portions but, if this trip gets extended any longer than next weekend, I might be needed something longer than a marathon to deal with the new PR around my gut.
                    ps twocat: give my address to your lawyer. Tell him Tom’s my friend.

pps twocat: re sneaking out for a 10K run in a race when mariposai is not around to hear about it, to say nothing of thinking you'd slipped it into the last post of the day so no one would be able to comment.  Mariposai has spies in Alaska with four extra hours on you and I'm where I've got ten hours on them too.

Tuna

<:figcaption><small>Shizuo Kambayashi / AP</small>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I decided to stick to the salad bar and fruit plates at the hotel’s all-you-can-eat breakfast smorgasbord with kiwi fruit, banana, mikan oranges, honeydew melon, orange slices and also of pink and regular grapefruit, pineapple, blueberry yogurt from the former and the latter supplying a scrumptious seaweed salad with ponzu/soy sauce dressing, green garden salad, potato salad, smoke salmon and onions, tomatoes, red and yellow green pepper slices, broccoli and califlower bits, cucumber, corn, and purple cabbage.
                      I guess I did sneak in some miso soup with seaweed/onion/tofu, very fecund smelt, salted/smoked mackerel, scrambled eggs with sausage and fried potatoes, natto (fermented soy beans), possibly the best French toast (made from super thick Japanese sandwich bread) I've ever eaten, vinegared apple juice, green tea, rice crispies (with the banana), sesame seed muffin and a blueberry one too, etc.

Shocked

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance