Masters Running

Thursday - 12/22 - Christmas Eve Eve Eve (Read 24 times)

Dave59

Wake up everyone.

Yesterday we got NO mail!!  That means catalog season is over.  That means Christmas music and Christmas movie season will soon be over.  The Hallmark Mystery Channel will bring back some good shows. The radio will quit playing silly songs about sleighs and reindeer.

I hit the gym this morning for some ARC and weights. Tomorrow will be a 10-mile run.  I hope I feel better than I did on yesterday's run or it will be a long morning.  (I was very out of breath yesterday.)

I ran the Tallahassee Half 3 years ago when my daughter & granddaughter first moved there.  It was run/organized very good, but it wasn't much of a course.  You started at Florida State University and traveled out to nowhere.  Probably designed to cause the least traffic issues.  Last year they changed the course and it looked pretty good to me. It starts in the middle of town and winds around in nice neighborhoods.  What I only realized yesterday is that the new course is hilly where the old course was flat.  I got an email about them naming the hills.  The first one is called "The Teaser".   Should make things interesting.  Tallahassee is a pretty hilly place.

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

yay! We get like an additional 60 seconds of daylight today!

I ran 3.2 miles last night with a friend.

Last day of work today until the 3rd! yay! And we are having a potluck at work today - fruit, juice, the boss brought champagne (gotta have a mimosa's at work right??), breakfast burritos, someone brought roll-ups for lunch and then someone else brought beer for 4:00 

dang, i love my office!

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

How's this--posting from 36000 feet. Nothing much to say, just a little surprised that I can. Already watched 3 movies from the 80s. Caddyshack, Princess Bride, and Trading Places. All of which I've seen many times.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Only 17 seconds more for us today, but I'll take it!

Hills are good for you, Dave. Enjoy the race! When is it?

We haven't gotten many catalogs this year, I guess because I just don't order much anymore. Works for me. I do still get Soccer catalogs though, which I think is funny. My kids haven't ordered from soccer.com in many, many years.

Tammy, sounds like a fun day at the office! Gotta love private industry vs. public. We never have that much fun at work.

Stumpy, where are you going? That's a long flight to be three movies into it and still at 36,000 feet!

Just another day here. The cold we were expecting didn't really arrive. That means the warm up this weekend probably won't happen either. Oh well. I'd already planned a treadmill run for tonight, looking at maybe 8 miles with .5 mile repeats thrown in there.

The teams are announced for 2017 in 2017; I don't know anyone on my team. Should be interesting. Will be nice if we're not dead last this year.

How's this--posting from 36000 feet.

..hopefully you're in a Plane.....

============

40's here but 60's by the weekend

35-min HH on GreenWay

AND

40-min PoolRun, ris, paw

off to knoxville tomorrow,

Pickles retires TODAY

so, no telling when we come back

..........good work-outs to ya, and Drive Safe,,,,,,,Merry Christmas

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

4.3 miles.  Was ok weather, started to rain a little at the end.  About 39F with a breeze.  I am thinking this running thing sure would feel easier if I were 5'2" and 110 pounds.

Prior to the job interview Monday afternoon, I was thinking, how can a 30 minute interview tell this boss whether or not I am the best person for the job?  Then I found out.  He has given all the candidates an assignment - due 10 days later, yes over the Christmas break.  I am going away Saturday for the rest of the week.  I've been working on it on and off since Monday night.  I feel like I am doing this guy's work for free, because there is no guarantee I will get the job, and he can use what I have written.  So, I plan to finish the work tonight, and hand in what I have done, 6 days early, and go enjoy the rest of the break.  I think testing someone's ability is a fine idea but make the test limited to a day's work, not open ended, you know?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy, sounds like a fun day at the office! Gotta love private industry vs. public. We never have that much fun at work.

My DS works at the county, and while they don't do alcohol, they have potlucks with food all the time.  Always a foodfest at the county.

Enke - yes, that seems a little much.

Dave - when is the race?>

Met with another new case today that the boss had apparently promised that I would be filing for VA benefits in December (unbeknownst to me).  I tried to explain to her that it may not get done this month, given that we only have 5 more business days, and she was very affronted.  "We have worked so hard to get this paperwork together for you!"  I very nearly had a meltdown.  We are moving $300,000 to a trust and applying for a benefit that pays $1149/month.  And she was so upset that she might lose ONE MONTH of the benefit. 

5.5 miles for me on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Holly, I just want to hug you.

No running here. I got a nasty cold bug. I have stayed home for the last two days. Sad

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard