Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 5.21.17 (Read 36 times)

evanflein

14.5 miles today. Turns out that's the distance from home to the airport via the route I took today. I was thinking it was barely 13... DH left at 6 this a.m. for his conference in Las Vegas, and left the car at the airport for me to fetch later today. I decided it was a good long run opportunity, but I sure missed my usual long run support crew! Stopped at a hotel at mile 13 and guzzled a pint of cold water. I think that's what got me to the finish cuz it was probably going to be a hike until I got that drink!

Great job for your son, KSA, that's awesome! Nice placement for you, too, Rochrunner, and I'm not talking age group!

That's all, I need to get to bed.

dg.

posted today's run on Saturday's thread.

"5.33 this morning with mizzleage (mizzage?) & hillage."

we get a free pass for mizz * * , don't we?

will read yesterday today, I hope!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nice airport run yesterday, Erika. It's always helped me on the long ones to have somewhere to go or, at least, something to see or do along the way.

deferred this morning's fiver until this afternoon to take advantage of a predicted record high then into the 80's for the first time since last August, if that.  Guess I'll find out if running in the eighties and higher is as bad as everyone says but, since I don't whine about bad weather, I can't imagine doing it about good, . . .especially recalling when Barefoot Todd once talked me into how much fun an unplanned marathon six days before my first 50-miler would be because then-July temps were supposed to exceed 100-degrees. They did and it was.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)