Masters Running

Master Runners Introductions! (Read 228 times)

spacityrunner

Hi Kevin and welcome to the masters forum. Jump in wherever and whenever. We are a great group who loves to chat.

I’m in hot springs village ar.  Currently on the disabled list so pop in a few times here and there to offer my two cents 😂.

My name is Kevin.  I reside in SE Missouri and began road racing at around 40 years of age.  Enjoy competing and hanging around people who want to be healthy.  Don't race as much as I use to but still try to do 6-10 races per year when healthy.  Have met many great folks at road races and while training.  I like to run the 5K races but will race up to HM distance.   Enjoy reading anything that has to do with running/training/the outdoor experience.

Trails Rock!

Quickadder

Hello Kevin & welcome. Jump into the daily threads - the regulars there are very welcoming.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Welcome, Kevin.  Join in whenever, where you like ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy Kevin, and welcome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Hi Kevin! <waving from Alaska> Hope to see you often here!

Joe618

My name is Kevin.  I reside in SE Missouri and began road racing at around 40 years of age.  Enjoy competing and hanging around people who want to be healthy.  Don't race as much as I use to but still try to do 6-10 races per year when healthy.  Have met many great folks at road races and while training.  I like to run the 5K races but will race up to HM distance.   Enjoy reading anything that has to do with running/training/the outdoor experience.

Welcome, Kevin...nice to have the "bootheel" represented here.   Was through there a few months ago, driving to Memphis.   And we stopped to buy some "throwed rolls" along the way.

Jump into the daily threads...nice folks here.

Joe

West Lafayette, Indiana

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Lamberts Restaurant in Sikeston, MO..... Home of "Rolls".  If you leave there hungry it is your own fault.  Flat road races in that town/area.  Get some hilly races in the Cape Girardeau, MO area.

Lamberts Restaurant in Sikeston, MO..... Home of "Rolls".  If you leave there hungry it is your own fault.  

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Lets hear about some 2018 running totals and PR's for 2018 in the next week.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone in this great Nation!

MarathoninginMT

Hello!  I thought I would jump into a new forum for 2019.  My name is Cathy (I was on Modi-5) with Tammy and Stephen (who were AWESOME captains by the way - their new teams are lucky to have them).  I turned 50 in 2018 and have been running since my son was 1 (he is now 19).  I did my first marathon just after he turned one in 2000 in Portland and have run 22 since then.

I live in Missoula, Montana.

I just finished 2018 with 1928 miles which was 7 more miles than last year and I exceeded my mileage goal thanks to the World Championship of Running (2018 in 2018) and being in the finals the last few weeks.

Henrun

Hello!  I thought I would jump into a new forum for 2019.  My name is Cathy (I was on Modi-5) with Tammy and Stephen (who were AWESOME captains by the way - their new teams are lucky to have them).  I turned 50 in 2018 and have been running since my son was 1 (he is now 19).  I did my first marathon just after he turned one in 2000 in Portland and have run 22 since then.

I just finished 2018 with 1928 miles which was 7 more miles than last year and I exceeded my mileage goal thanks to the World Championship of Running (2018 in 2018) and being in the finals the last few weeks.

Welcome Cathy. That’s quite an impressive running history.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hi Cathy.  Welcome to the group!

Joe618

Cathy, welcome!   This is a great group, glad to have you here.   You can read most of our introductions by scrolling back through this thread.

Congrats on the nice year with Modi-5.   You did well.   I was on Run Fastah, and we spent the entire year cellar dwelling.  The good news, on your new team, "Sore Legs", you have the captain I was with for the past two years, CanadianMeg.   She is a gem and a fine person.   Say hi to her for me.

Welcome and jump in with us on our dailies!!

Joe

West Lafayette, Indiana

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Hi Cathy! It's been a long time since we've had a Montana runner on our forum! (anyone remember Choover??) Please join us in the daily threads. That's where we catch up with what we're up to on any given day. Respond as much as you feel like doing (or not), it's all good!

TammyinGP

I'm late to looking at the Intro's! CATHY! I'm thrilled to see you here!

Tammy