Masters Running

master's subject of the day (D) (Read 235 times)

Have you evr seen a runner drink a sports drink or take some kind of energy/electrolyte gizmo during a long race? Me too. I've not tried many, but I like gatorade and gu. Orange gatorade is my favorite and I like most all the gu flavors. I got a great deal on a box of chocolate mint. The running store said nobody like them and they were hard to sell. Later I realized they probably had them around for 20 or 30 years. Roll eyes I've wanted to try the strip that disolves on your tongue....
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      I like Gatorade fruit punch also I have used & liked Powerbar gel Strawberry-Banana flavor. Powerbar gel isn't carried many places but I found it at a local bike shop. I carry water for runs of more than 8 miles & gatorade or gel past 15. If temp is 60F + I'll carry frozen gatorade on 10 miles + & it's usually perfect temp in 50-55 minutes.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I got a great deal on a box of chocolate mint.
        My favourite flavour!!! They are like squeezing chocolate icing into your mouth..... Orange gatorade as well... but I have a giant can of lemon lime thanks to Coscto. It was neat to see the Olympic mens marathon runners share their electrolyte/water bottles on the run with teammates.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Renee the dog

Put me down as a crunchy granola on this one. Coconut water -- nature's electrolyte replacement therapy. Cool

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I use a combo of powdered GU2O and maltodextrin . The malto helps cut the sweetness of the GU. I don't like the gu things. I find them to be very disgusting and hard to swallow. I've also used Clif shot blocks, but recently figured out that they were contributing to the nausea I felt after an hour or so of running. To get in the necessary 280 or so calories an hour I need for trail running, I include Clif bars and Endurolytes.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance