Masters Running

Monday Morning Wake-up Call (Read 346 times)

dg.

and and and... Erika...   you're taking care of your foot.   And you worked your butt off.    geez.  not a high mileage month (for you,  esp.), ok,... but a good running month as far as taking care of 'the gift'.   and so an awesome runner month.
    evanflein

Tammy and Deb, thanks. I need the kick-in-the-butt reminder sometimes. I also checked my log and last year's November was worse (under 60 miles) recovering from NYC... but then December was 220 miles. Don't think that's going to happen again this time, but gives me reason to buck-up, as it were.
      dg.

Tammy and Deb, thanks. I need the kick-in-the-butt reminder sometimes. I also checked my log and last year's November was worse (under 60 miles) recovering from NYC... but then December was 220 miles. Don't think that's going to happen again this time, but gives me reason to buck-up, as it were.

((()))

Really trying to get back into things. Started my week with a little over 4 between rain/snow showers this morning. A friend of mine received some arm warmers and didn't want them, so I gave them a try today. I have to say I liked them.
          wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Craneium!  Good to see you!  Isn't your kids'  5K coming up this weekend? Good luck to them and you!

I went for a 5 mile mini-wave run at lunchtime - a little warmer than IRC at 60° but I'm definitely not complaining for this time of year, especially since my hands were so cold yesterday.  Miles were 10:43, 9:12, 10:40, 9:26, 10:20, with an overall average of 10:05, which I was happy with.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

3.1 easy miles to end up my  November.

I have made good progress and been building slow and steady.

My follow up with my cardiologist is on the 10th and I am hoping for an "All Clear" from him.  I am hoping to start marathon training after the first of the year and would feel more comfortable knowing that I am 100% or at least 90% but what the heck I'll take 50%

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

Tammy

I could not agree with you more, Breger. Tebow is a class act.

(((((Hopeful)))))

(((((Erika)))))

Aw heck, you too (((((Hallar))))))

OK...Enough of the warm fuzzies. 5.5 miles with my fuzzy running partner. Today's the last day of fire arm deer season. If I get out of work in daylight hours, we can hit the trails again. Though, the dog will have his bright orange cape and still be on a leash.

SteveP

Mariposai

Cranium, I really like my arm warmer too. They are great for when you do not want to wear an extra layer. Besides it makes me think I look so much like an athlete when I wear them.

hallar, I will be sending you zillions of butterfly hugs on the 10th of Dec. hopping that you get the 100% go ahead from your cardiologist.

Hey, it seems to me like twocat will also be getting his doctor's aproval around the same time also. A trillion butterfly to him also...he has been a stellar patient, hasn't he?...btw....where is he?

Erika, you too need some hugs today...low Nov. month means nothing when the next race is so far away, right? And yes, I am having a great time traveling here and there...got to get the marrow out of life...you know.

Great run there Carolyn. Looking stronger by the day there sistahh. Hey, will you come to Newport, OR too?

Woods Lady, call me tomorrow morning and we can have your avatar posted here 

SteveP, good luck with that deer.

Got to go and check how my coach is doing.

3 miles under the moon light tonight...it was...fantastic

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard