Masters Running

Stevie Ray's Haulin Aspen Trail Marathon Report (Read 148 times)

xor

Last week was the Haulin Aspen Trail Marathon in Bend, Oregon. 3 miles flat, 11 miles up a hill (ALL up a hill), 12 miles watch-out-below downhill. See how I did (spoiler: poorly!) and learn some new terms for falling down here. As always, reports for 100ish different races can be found from my schedules there.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Robert, You always write very interesting and informative RRs, thank you! I took notes on the styles of falls,I very often trip, when running on trail ,on even small rocks and so far so good I always managed to stay on my feet! Lots of close calls last Sun at the Tunnel, I had to tell myself several times: "Wake up Francesca and pay attention!" I know that the Watershed is even more treacherous for me. See you there next Sun ? By the way, you pack in so many events in your schedule, wow!!! Francesca
      xor

There are several other types of falls too! Maybe I should write a story just about those. I didn't have any trouble with falling at Tunnel, although I brushed the side of the tunnel itself a few times. I *did* have trouble with the downhill. Not sure yet whether I will actually be at WP. Depends on the foot and how Park City goes the day before. We'll see. I'm not running nearly as many events this year as last year Smile. This year will be 30-40. Last year was 64 (or 65 depending on where you start/stop). Good luck to you! Don't fall.