Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.30.17 (Read 34 times)

Henrun

2.5 miles walking to a couple of classes this morning. Since today was a brief spring teaser ( high 40's and sun) before winter returns tomorrow I decided to run 2 miles (in SHORTS) when I returned home. Glad I did😎

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy birthday, Deezalina.

marj - nope, unfortunately, when I could've gone to Boston, it was before my Boomer/RA days and, with everyone I knew who was going being so competitive about it, it wouldn't've been that much fun for a  goofball, I mean, . . . receationalistic runner. I've no shoes to carry as Erika says, . . . but sometimes take my Merrill Bahria trail thongs in case needed. Sorry now though, that. I didn't' go.  Rats.

Incidentally, I checked out The Way of the Runner and the British author has some positive comments on how running barefoot most of their lives may be one of the factors in Kenyan runners' international successes.

fortunately(un), I do other things at jay-o'clock <<<sleep/sleep>>> so missed an early morning drencher for five dull and dry later morning miles instead. Rats.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein I forget, what does CRS stand for? 

coastwalker on the other hand the cat spends its life eating cat food. A cat scan in exchange seems like a good deal.

I let my training partner talk me into running with her today. Okay, it did not take much talking. She texted, do you want to run tomorrow. (That would be today now.) I replied, how about Friday instead? Then I looked at the weather report and wrote, never mind it is going to rain Friday. See you tomorrow. Well tomorrow came and went and with it 5 miles of running. Doing 5 the day after 20 turns out to be pretty tough. I struggled the whole way to keep up with her. I am taking the next two days off from running. Easy enough since we are supposed to get two days of rain. On Sunday the weather should turn sunny and I will run the HM I signed up for.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Have to make this quick.  I ran 6 miles, then rushed to a grandkid's birthday party.  Now I have to rush off to bed!

Twocat--why don't you run in the rain, again?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

4.4 miles slogging through the snow and slipping on the ice underneath. Glad to have that done!